CHRISTIAN COMIC ARTS SOCIETY :: A NETWORK OF CHRISTIAN FELLOWSHIP FOR COMICS FANS, PROS, AND AMATEURS
This is a email Ive sent to Image Marvel and DC and they have not got bck to me please read and maybe you can help or send this to someone who can thank you(________ are were I inserted Image Marvel and DC in)Dear _________My Name is Cameron Hortenberry. I live in Cincinnati, Ohio and I am a Sr. in Scarlet Oaks Career Developent Campus. I am doing Sr project on the whole processes in making a comic book. If you could give me info on it I would greatly appreciate if you did. Also I need to have some type of interview with some one that is involved in this process, email interview or phone or what ever it may be. So if anyone could get back with me it would help me a lot. If no one at _____ can help me then if you could direct me to someone who could.Thank You so muchCameron Hortenberry

You need to be a member of CCAS - Christian Comic Arts Society to add comments!

Join CCAS - Christian Comic Arts Society

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Dear Cameron,

Is it the process you're after or getting an interview? If it's the former then there is quite a bit that has been written about the process; especially as it relates to Marvel and DC and their internal procedures. If you're after an interview then you're going to have to do some company research and try to make a connection with someone there. It never hurts to write; however, if you take a moment to try and find something more about who you're writing to it might go a long way to getting a response. Try this, who is your favorite artist at either place? Write to that person specifically c/o the company address. They will almost always get the letter and if you tell them what questions you have about them, their artwork, or the process of working in a corporate comic environment more often than not they will write back to you. Be gracious and polite and that sincerity will be rewarded :-)

Best of luck!
    Michael Moss
  • Hello Cameron,

I'm Clint D.Johnson, long time Christian Comic Arts Society member. I'd love to assist. Currenty I produce a web comic through New creationnow.com called The Footsteps of Matthew Cross: FaithWalker. I've been involved with a number of publishing ventures an d can aid from pencils to print /concept to completetion. Tommorrow is sort of hectic, the evening is the best time for actual conversation.
    My contct info is:
    Clint D. johnson
    hm: 661 940.1731
    clintdjohnson@yahoo.com
    www.newcreationnow.com

God bless you
  • Hi Cameron,

I have had experience in every aspect of comic book creation but concentrate on penciling. I would be happy to answer any questions as well. info(at)baezcreativearts.com.

J.C. Baez
  • I work with Roman Morales III (Chaos, Marvel, Comico, and Blue Water Prod.). I am an inker/colorist. Roman has done pro work at the aforementioned companies, I will have my first pro work out this month, inking Roman for Blue Water Prod. If you still need help with this let me know.
    Thanks,
    greg Harms

(ghosthillgh(at)yahoo.com)
This reply was deleted.