CHRISTIAN COMIC ARTS SOCIETY :: A NETWORK OF CHRISTIAN FELLOWSHIP FOR COMICS FANS, PROS, AND AMATEURS

Martin Luther Print - Kickstarter

Hey All!

I recently did a drawing of Martin Luther with a quote underneath, "My conscience is captive to the Word of God."

I've started my first Kickstarter to raise funds to have it printed as an 11x14 print.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/127412588/martin-luther-reformation-print?ref=user_menu

If you're interested, or if you are willing to share this link with your friends and family on your social media, I would be much appreciative.

Thanks!
Paul

You need to be a member of CCAS - Christian Comic Arts Society to add comments!

Join CCAS - Christian Comic Arts Society

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• love it. Wonder how many people get the "goose" in the background? Good stuff.

• Thanks Lance, I wonder that too!

• Ah, love this illustration! Hope you're able to print this by some other means

• Thanks Matt!

I may post it on a site like redbubble or something as a print.

Also, I think I just saw some of your stuff in the Reformed Canvas Facebook group.  Awesome stuff!

• Nice! Thanks man, and congratulations!

Paul Cox said:

Hi Tom,

The Kickstarter was fully funded, and the book is now available for purchase on Amazon.

Hey All! I recently did a drawing of Martin Luther with a quote underneath, My conscience is captive to the Word of God. I've started my first Ki…
  • Hi Tom,

The Kickstarter was fully funded, and the book is now available for purchase on Amazon.

Amazon.com: Post Tenebras Lux: After Darkness Light (9780998782805): Paul Cox: Books
    Amazon.com: Post Tenebras Lux: After Darkness Light (9780998782805): Paul Cox: Books
  • Hey Eric,

Martin Luther was a great man of God! 

How did your kickstarter go?

Tom

• I imply nothing, but have directly shown that Luther was a hater of the Jewish people. 

From Wikipedia:

On the Jews and Their Lies

In 1543 Luther published On the Jews and Their Lies in which he says that the Jews are a "base, whoring people, that is, no people of God, and their boast of lineage, circumcision, and law must be accounted as filth."[13] They are full of the "devil's feces ... which they wallow in like swine."[14] The synagogue was a "defiled bride, yes, an incorrigible whore and an evil slut ..."[15] He argues that their synagogues and schools be set on fire, their prayer books destroyed, rabbis forbidden to preach, homes razed, and property and money confiscated. They should be shown no mercy or kindness,[16] afforded no legal protection,[17] and these "poisonous envenomed worms" should be drafted into forced labor or expelled for all time.[18] He also seems to advocate their murder, writing "[w]e are at fault in not slaying them".[19] Luther claims that Jewish history was "assailed by much heresy", and that Christ the logos swept away the Jewish heresy and goes on to do so, "as it still does daily before our eyes." He stigmatizes Jewish Prayer as being "blasphemous" (sic) and a lie, and vilifies Jews in general as being spiritually "blind" and "surely possessed by all devils." Luther has a special spiritual problem with Jewish circumcision.[20][21] The full context in which Martin Luther advocated that Jews be slain in On the Jews and Their Lies is as follows in Luther's own words:

There is no other explanation for this than the one cited earlier from Moses - namely, that God has struck [the Jews] with 'madness and blindness and confusion of mind' [Deuteronomy 28:28]. So we are even at fault in not avenging all this innocent blood of our Lord and of the Christians which they shed for three hundred years after the destruction of Jerusalem, and the blood of the children they have shed since then (which still shines forth from their eyes and their skin). We are at fault in not slaying them.[22]

Full article on Luther's "On the Jews and Their Lies":

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/On_the_Jews_and_Their_Lies

I would choose another hero if I were you.  A born again follower of Jesus Christ would never do what Luther has done.  Luther's quotes are found at the Holocaust Museum in Washington, DC and at the one in Israel. 

On the Jews and Their Lies
    On the Jews and Their Lies (German: Von den Jüden und iren Lügen; in modern spelling Von den Juden und ihren Lügen) is a 65,000-word anti-Judaic trea…
  • Hi Paul, I wish you the very best with your Kickstarter and will pray for its success.

• Are you implying Luther was responsible for the Holocost?
    Calvary Comics said:

Martin Luther's 95 theses are world famous, but he later became violently anti-semitic.  Many feel that this brought a curse upon Germany which was subsequently fulfilled in Adolf Hitler (who quoted Luther a number of times in Mein Kampf). 

Hey All! I recently did a drawing of Martin Luther with a quote underneath, My conscience is captive to the Word of God. I've started my first Ki…
This reply was deleted.