CHRISTIAN COMIC ARTS SOCIETY :: A NETWORK OF CHRISTIAN FELLOWSHIP FOR COMICS FANS, PROS, AND AMATEURS
I'm looking to write a contemporary retelling of Hosea, about a preacher who is commanded by God to marry a hooker, and the reaction of his church, and eventually save his new wife from the mob boss who controls the pimps who use her and sell her on the streets.Think Quentin Tarantino meets the Old Testament prophets, and you'll have an idea of what I'm looking for. Gritty, but redemptive and full of scriptural truth.Anyone willing to risk being misunderstood and called a heathen along with me?Email me offline at mail@tayloverse.com and let's talk.Take care,Sean

You need to be a member of CCAS - Christian Comic Arts Society to add comments!

Join CCAS - Christian Comic Arts Society

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Borrow it if you can..... "Redeeming Love" is a contemporary retelling of the book of Hosea...
    (well, 1800's I think) Very well done IMO.

ch
    • Contemporary-ish. Heh. *grins*
      • Yeah, Sean, I'd like to see it when it's done...does "Redeeming Love" have the subtle, sweeping grandeur of a Tarantino-style story?...jus' kidding, I would have no idea...but I have read Hosea.
        • Subtle has never been my forte, amigo. Heh.
  • Have you read the novel "Redeeming Love" by Francine Rivers? Check it out.

;)

cheryl
    • I haven't but I believe my wife has. I did enjoy The Last Sin Eater by her though.
This reply was deleted.