CHRISTIAN COMIC ARTS SOCIETY :: A NETWORK OF CHRISTIAN FELLOWSHIP FOR COMICS FANS, PROS, AND AMATEURS
Okay, so my friend, Tristen Wayne Evans, has a novel published that he would like to also be converted into a graphic novel. It's called the resistance: carter :book 1.Here's a link:https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/20831266-the-resistance

You need to be a member of CCAS - Christian Comic Arts Society to add comments!

Join CCAS - Christian Comic Arts Society

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• How is this story exhalting the name of our Lord, again? Just so we all get the point across...thanks.
  • So...I guess you guys already figured this out, but just as a heads up, the guy I was asking for (Tristen Wayne Evans) is now a part of the society, so you can just ask him/talk to him about anything related to this.

• Very true. I actually like what you said about creating my world as I see fit, just as God created our world. I actually plan on having the Fairies be the creators of the world in my series.

Steve Crespo said:

"I refused to add God into The Resistance series mainly because I didn't want to accidentally offend someone because there are Dragons, magic, Elves, Fairies, etc and those creatures aren't in the Bible."

I have a few thoughts on this. (Excuse me for chiming in.)

As for offending people with your story... listen, people will be offended for almost anything these day. We live in a hypersensitive culture that has, unfortunately, also affected the church. I truly believe that Christian writers/artists should first align themselves with the character of God in their work, but after that we should NOT edit our work for fear that someone might be offended. Just tell your story.

Some will LOVE it, some will hate it... that's life.

You should be able to create freely as God created freely. He created His world, and He gave us the characteristic to be a creator like Himself, so create your world as you see it. 

And if you are going to limit your stories to what only lies in the Bible, well, you're severely limiting your potential and your God-given creativity.

Do all of your characters wear robes and sandals? Sneakers and leather jackets certainly aren't in there. Neither are smart phones, cars, ninjas, and open heart surgery.

Also, if your world has dragons, so what? YOURS does. This one doesn't. So where does that leave us? ...Some of may favorite worlds have many things that don't exist here- jedis, hobbits, androids, time machines- and each of those stories has been told for different reasons. Right? ...So, create your world, with your creatures, and for your reason.

I find it extremely frustrating that we allow the world the freedom to use its imagination unfettered, but we choose to place ours under bondage. Are we not free in Christ?

...The why not create FREELY to the glory of God? 

Looking for an artist to create a graphic novel!
    Okay, so my friend, Tristen Wayne Evans, has a novel published that he would like to also be converted into a graphic novel. It's called the resistan…
  • "I refused to add God into The Resistance series mainly because I didn't want to accidentally offend someone because there are Dragons, magic, Elves, Fairies, etc and those creatures aren't in the Bible."

I have a few thoughts on this. (Excuse me for chiming in.)

As for offending people with your story... listen, people will be offended for almost anything these days. We live in a hypersensitive culture that has, unfortunately, also affected the church. I truly believe that Christian writers/artists should first align themselves with the character of God in their work, but after that we should NOT edit our work for fear that someone might be offended. Just tell your story.

Some will LOVE it, some will hate it... that's life.

You should be able to create freely as God created freely. He created His world, and He gave us the characteristic to be a creator like Himself, so create your world as you see it. 

And if you are going to limit your stories to what only lies in the Bible, well, you're severely limiting your potential and your God-given creativity.

Do all of your characters wear robes and sandals? Sneakers and leather jackets certainly aren't in the Scriptures. Neither are smart phones, cars, ninjas, and open heart surgery.

Also, if your world has dragons, so what? It's YOUR world. ...Some of may favorite worlds have many things that don't exist here- jedis, hobbits, androids, time machines- and each of those stories has been told for different reasons. Right? ...So, create your world, with your creatures, and for your reason.

The beauty of fantasy is that it allows us to see truths by using creatures and places that are new to us. We can see the truths clearer without the baggage of what we know and expect. ...It is a powerful genre.

I find it extremely frustrating that we allow the world the freedom to use its imagination unfettered, but we choose to place ours under bondage. Are we not free in Christ?

...The why not create FREELY to the glory of God? 

• I will definitely tell everyone when the Christian books come out, however my main work is for my Resistance series at the moment.

Gerard Lee said:

Hi Tristen,

I can understand what you mean about God and fantasy creatures. Many creators don't see a problem with mingling the fantastic with God's reality, but it's certainly a judgment call that needs to be made on a case by case basis, and I respect and applaud your willingness to a tough choice to stand by your convictions. 

I look forward to seeing your more Christian themed works when they come out, please post or send a PM to me when I can get them:)

God bless you!

Gerry

Okay, so my friend, Tristen Wayne Evans, has a novel published that he would like to also be converted into a graphic novel. It's called the resistan…
  • Hey Gerard, I have yet to find an artist for the graphic novel. The Resistance: Carter isn't a Christian fantasy book, however I'm working on two different christian books, one of which is a series. I refused to add God into The Resistance series mainly because I didn't want to accidentally offend someone because there are Dragons, magic, Elves, Fairies, etc and those creatures aren't in the Bible. But I do dedicate all my books to Him and in the acknowledgements He is the first I thank.

If you know of someone that might be willing to work with me, please message me or go to my blog and comment.

God Bless

Tristen Evans

Gerard Lee said:

Hello! How is your friend Tristen's search for an artist and creative team for his graphic novel going? I'm thinking about picking up the e-book but was wondering if this is a Christian themed work or if it's more mainstream fantasy?

God bless you both,

Gerry Lee

• Hello! How is your friend Tristen's search for an artist and creative team for his graphic novel going? I'm thinking about picking up the e-book but was wondering if this is a Christian themed work or if it's more mainstream fantasy?

God bless you both,

Gerry Lee

This reply was deleted.