CHRISTIAN COMIC ARTS SOCIETY :: A NETWORK OF CHRISTIAN FELLOWSHIP FOR COMICS FANS, PROS, AND AMATEURS

latest work

Long time lurker, figured I'd finally share a pic I was fooling around trying to get a good Samson look for some DVD bible stories I was working on, but fell through and ended up going with a different design, but I dug this look for him../shrug.. I'll keep working on it though, might be a nice portfolio piece.

samson.jpg

and a Jesus I did earlier.. Any crits, comments welcomed. I am needing to find a good way to control my shaky linework. Using Photoshop CS3 and a Wacom 12wx Cintiq.

jesus.jpg

You need to be a member of CCAS - Christian Comic Arts Society to add comments!

Join CCAS - Christian Comic Arts Society

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Shaky line work can be cured with the use of the pen tool and stroking the path. Play with brush attributes (the tool you will stroke the path with), you can define the length of a fade (thick to thin) in pixels to perfect the line you want. It's time consuming but the results can be immaculate.

Ron Z

PS: I use PS CS3 and a wacom Intuos 3 (can't afford a cintiq)

• Very fun stuff Jeremy! :)
  • I'm actually enjoying the organic feel of your linework, you can try illustrator though if you'd like (I find it hard to work with myself).

Personally, I really enjoy your backgrounds! They are simple, yet complex (might be the outlines).  I hope to see more!

• Matt, I feel like that would be extremely difficult to do... but I've never done it. Hmmm... did you do your comic lineart entirely on Illustrator?
  • As far as line work goes, if you are intent on drawing straight into the computer, it might be worth trying to do the line work in Illustrator, as the drawing tools often automatically correct any shakiness in the line work, so you get a really smooth look, if that is what you are after. Plus you get the added bonus of being able to rescale it to any size without quality loss.
  • i really like your backgrounds, actually.
  • Samson rocks.

This reply was deleted.