CHRISTIAN COMIC ARTS SOCIETY :: A NETWORK OF CHRISTIAN FELLOWSHIP FOR COMICS FANS, PROS, AND AMATEURS

Hello everyone. I've been lurking for quite a while. I hope you have a fantastic time at AlphaOmega Con today!

I hope you don't mind me mentioning a new Christian fan con coming up next year. The first ever RiseUp Con is happening May 31 & June 1, 2024 in Sevierville, TN. A lot of Christian film actors are booked so far but I am bringing Christian authors of fantasy and science fiction to join us at my Realm Makers booth. Here are some authors and creators who have committed to joining us so far.

• Mike Nawrocki (aka Larry the Cucumber) will have his new kids book series The Dead Sea Squirrels and will premier the animated series at the event.
  • Sara Ella, YA author of 6 fantasy novels including her recent Realm Award winning book, The Wonderland Trials.
  • Bryan Thomas Mitchell, Realm Award winning author of Infernall Fall and his upcoming Almost Paradise.

We'll have a couple comic creators at our booth too.

• Gary Kwapisz is one of the defining Conan artists of the 80s and he'll bring his Civil War Adventures graphic novel series he created with Chuck Dixon.
  • Steve Nedvidek and his Jekyll Island Chronicles

PLUS Soma Games, a Christian video game developer based near Portland will also have a presence at our booth!

So, of course I thought it would be fantastic to have a contingent from CCAS there if anyone can make it to TN next year. I hope some of you can help me make sure this inaugural Christian fan con has a broad representation of Christian artists, not just movie stars!

For more details visit riseupcon.com.

Scott Minor
Realm Makers

You need to be a member of CCAS - Christian Comic Arts Society to add comments!

Join CCAS - Christian Comic Arts Society

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Hi Scott, I heard about the conference too late but was very curious about, the web site and panel seemed very film oriented. How was it overall? Any plans to attend next year? Thanks!
    • We had a great time. What you observed is precisely why I wanted to exhibit there and feature Christian artists from other creative disciplines. Our 600 sq ft booth was a central figure in the exhibit hall and saw a lot of traffic. I was impressed by how many other Christian authors and artists were there. Of course, it's the film actors that get the special treatment.

Realm Makers Expo is a new event I am hosting in Grand Rapids, MI next year, July 18-20, 2025. This will be more heavily geared toward christian authors and artists operating within the general market.
      www.realmmakers.com
      www.realmmakersexpo.com
This reply was deleted.