CHRISTIAN COMIC ARTS SOCIETY :: A NETWORK OF CHRISTIAN FELLOWSHIP FOR COMICS FANS, PROS, AND AMATEURS

In Search Of Volunteer Talent

A few years ago, I read the book "The Purpose Driven Life" only to wake up one morning months later with a mission the Lord had bestowed unto me. I don't understand why me, because I don't possess any talent in drawing comics whatsoever. My mission is to commence a ministry that uses comics to reach out to children in an effort to evangelize them some day. Let me explain. Jesus said, "Let the little children come to me, and do not hinder them, for the kingdom of heaven belongs to such as these." (Matthew 19:14) And, that is true for all young children of all races and born in non-Christian evironments when they are young enough to not know the difference. We also know that Jesus will return, and that He has promised, but we don't know when that is. What happens to these children when they grow up? This ministry may not evangelize these children immediately, but it will have planted the seed and some day if it is God's will, only then they will find the Lord and accept Jesus as their Savior. What is the plan? Children and even adults of all ages want to have a hero in their lives. Using comics and the story of Jesus in an epic comic format will be their first chance to learn of Jesus. They may not uderstand it now, but the Lord knows how he will use this opportunity in the future. My job is to put the pieces together. I don't know how, as I don't possess any drawing talent, but I do know I am to find the way to fullfill His command. I will eventually find the funds to print and distribute the comics, but step one is to find the talent to create the comics. I come to CCAS to seek advice and assistance to whomever has the calling to contribute to the ministry. Thanks for reading this blog, and may God bless you in all that you do and may He continue using your talent for His purpose.In Christ,Willie

You need to be a member of CCAS - Christian Comic Arts Society to add comments!

Join CCAS - Christian Comic Arts Society

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• There is something correct in this, I agree. Comics and specifically animation, are very viable teaching forms of media. They've been used as ministry tools for 30 years now. I believe there are people doing this already presently on CCAS. I wish you added prayer time on this endeavor you're looking at. I have a domain, in fact, that I own, and I have never put something on it yet. If there were a group to come together with good communication and agreement, and it had japanese translations, I would seriously consider using it for this purpose.
This reply was deleted.