CHRISTIAN COMIC ARTS SOCIETY :: A NETWORK OF CHRISTIAN FELLOWSHIP FOR COMICS FANS, PROS, AND AMATEURS

Replies

• I was talkin about the main Comic con in Cali
        • lol ... Yeah, that would be expensive. But I don't think a lot of small publishers go there. But now that you reminded me, I did hear of this blog that makes a comic you might be interested in. I've never read it yet, but it's about a character named Hard 8. He is the best hitman to ever walk the streets of Las Vegas. Or at least he was, until the day he went straight. Now he's on the other side, fighting to protect the unprotected from the same evil empire he once worked for. There's just one catch... he's missing both his trigger fingers! Click here, for more.
          The "Hard Ei8ht" Graphic Novel Production Blog Archive
          Hard Ei8ht is a comic book graphic novel anthology series containing original stories by animation and comic book pros.
  • I've never really read a Christian comic before, so I can't help out. But as far as comic's in general go, if you ever need any help finding a good title -- I'm your man...Kinda. lol
    • well what Im trying to get at is that I want to read a comic book about a christian super hero that uses God in his life and extra, I have never realy read any christian comic books either I just wonderin if there was a such thing, and Im looking for new titles anyways so if you want to thro some one me go ahead!
      • Well, I admit, I'm a MARVEL guy. So all I can recommend right now is MARVEL titles. My pulls, at my local comic store, include:

1. Fantastic Four
        2. Avenger's The Initiative
        3. New Warriors (that title was canceled on me)

I can't actually recommend any comics before I know how NEW you are to comics...?
        • See I want to read comics that are unknown or not read much small press stuff.... see ive been reading comic books since I was 5 and Im 19 now and I like new stories dont get me wrong Marvel is my favorite and i read some DC and image is great to I just want newer stories new orignal charaters!
          • Alright, I understand... I only know of a few small companies, so here it goes:

1. Dark Elf Designs (I don't overly care for their stories, but you might find them interesting)
            2. Boomtown Press (Both child friendly, and funny)
            3. Th3rd World Studios (I like this company the most...Lots of free viewable content)

Have you ever been to a comic-con before? There's normally a lot of companies you probably never heard of that show up there... In case you're interested.
            Website Disabled

Whaddaya mean by "Christian" comics?

• You know Christian based comics

Daredevil is Catholic, and his mom is a nun. That has been examined in several storylines.

Nightcrawler is Catholic, and he heard God calling him to holy orders. He had a mini-series which incorporated that. The movies also portrayed his faith.

What do you mean by Christian "based"?

Crossbreed are an overtly Evangelical Christian superhero team, featured in in Kurt Busiek's Astro City comic book from Wildstorm.
        http://www.amazon.com/Astro-City-Vol-2-Confession/dp/1563895501

Also there is a host of small-press superhero comics from and for the ghetto market of evangelical Protestant Christianity. I call it a ghetto market since it is insular, minority, and not mainstream -- the very meaning of "ghetto." These art and writing of these comics is generally not up to the best of mainstream comics.

This reply was deleted.