CHRISTIAN COMIC ARTS SOCIETY :: A NETWORK OF CHRISTIAN FELLOWSHIP FOR COMICS FANS, PROS, AND AMATEURS
Hey all on CCAS!I'm working on a faith based animated Series and I recently did a promotional comic for a local convention. Based on the positive response of the comic, my company expressed that they wanted to get information or to find a publisher to produce a comic based on the series. I'm totally new to this so I decided to ask for help here after learning of CCAS in 08'. What would be the first step I should take? How should a proposal or pitch look? Also what publishers are out there that would take a faith based book? I must say though the story is very original and unique. What should I do? Thank you for reading this and helping me!-Brandon Robinson(ps: if you would like to see samples of the book please visit my pictures on my page)

You need to be a member of CCAS - Christian Comic Arts Society to add comments!

Join CCAS - Christian Comic Arts Society

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Cool thank you. It doesn't have to be a christian publisher but the real question is what publishers will accept a christian book. Thank you again!

-Brandon

Chris Well said:
    If you want to go to the comic publishers, here is a list of like 60 publishers that accept submissions (I don't think the list includes any "Christian" publishers).

The Submission Guidelines for every Comic and Manga Publisher
  • If you want to go to the comic publishers, here is a list of like 60 publishers that accept submissions (I don't think the list includes any "Christian" publishers).

The Submission Guidelines for every Comic and Manga Publisher
  • Thank you so much for your help Scott.
    I'll look those up.

Scott A. Shuford said:
    Thomas Nelson and Zondervan have both published some comic projects, but I'm not sure if they are currently accepting new submissions. It never hurts to reach out to them and ask. No one specific that I know of there. Just look them up online or call them if you can't find something about submissions.

You also might want to look at On Demand publishing. It's the new wave of more affordable options for authors to get published outside of the traditional system. www.ConversantLife.com is a great Christian owned company that has an on demand publishing wing. There are others out there as well.

You also might consider finding a literary agent. Ask other authors for their input on agents. Literary agents help authors to get published much like artist managers help music artists. A variety of services can be offered and their professional experience will vary from agent to agent.

Hope that helps!

At Your Service,

Scott A. Shuford
    FrontGate Media
    Online Promotions * Advertising * Public Relations * Social Networking * Event Marketing
  • Thomas Nelson and Zondervan have both published some comic projects, but I'm not sure if they are currently accepting new submissions. It never hurts to reach out to them and ask. No one specific that I know of there. Just look them up online or call them if you can't find something about submissions.

You also might want to look at On Demand publishing. It's the new wave of more affordable options for authors to get published outside of the traditional system. www.ConversantLife.com is a great Christian owned company that has an on demand publishing wing. There are others out there as well.

You also might consider finding a literary agent. Ask other authors for their input on agents. Literary agents help authors to get published much like artist managers help music artists. A variety of services can be offered and their professional experience will vary from agent to agent.

Hope that helps!

At Your Service,

Scott A. Shuford
    FrontGate Media
    Online Promotions * Advertising * Public Relations * Social Networking * Event Marketing
This reply was deleted.