CHRISTIAN COMIC ARTS SOCIETY :: A NETWORK OF CHRISTIAN FELLOWSHIP FOR COMICS FANS, PROS, AND AMATEURS
I've decided I'm going to try it here a little bit longer. Also, do you have any advice for drawing male figures. I'm going for an anime-ish style. All I can seen to draw are girls! MAJOR problem for a mystery comic set in a big city.

You need to be a member of CCAS - Christian Comic Arts Society to add comments!

Join CCAS - Christian Comic Arts Society

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Ms. Adams, hope your comic book comes out great. God Bless. Rich Collins

• Thank you everyone! I'm writing a comic book, though, not making a movie.
  • Sounds great, but I have a 5GB cap on my wifi.  DAZ requires a GB of hard drive, so I figure the download is at least that.  When I can get unlimited 'net, I'll seriously consider DAZ 3D.  It really sounds like what I've been looking for! :D

• Sir/Ma'am,  I think DAZ-3D free downloaad is better for characters. Blender free download is really a 3D modeler where you can make clothes and ships and furniture and stuff. I know you can do characters in Blender because someone actually made a whole movie using it, but I think it is really hard. Just go with DAZ-3D for characters and rendering and animating. The thing about DAZ-3D is you can't actually 'make' anything in it I believe because it is not a 3D modeller. So it is good for taking existing characters and clothes and props and rendering and animating things. You need Blender when you want to make your own characters and clothes and props. Like my story R&RJiS is in space and has unique ships and uniforms so I had to 'make' them in 3D. That is what you cannot do in DAZ-3D basic without the upgrade. But you can take existing characters like male/female/kids, use existing clothing and props taht come with it or you download or buy, and make your own story with them no problem. Like there is a M4 basic male you dowload and dress and that is yours and you can animate and dress him and do whatever story you want like a bible story or whatever, and it is yours. Say you have a Pirate story, there is plenty of stuff out there already made for male and female and kids Pirate stories and ships and coins and whatever to make your story in DAZ-3D. But to actually design your own clothes and ship and swords and whatever, that is where you need a 3D modelling program like the DAZ-3D upgrade or free Blender. To learn Blender you can start small like watch a few videos on YouTube titled BASIC BLENDER MODELLING or something named like that. One I liked when I started because it was very basic was one about modeling a cup in Blender, and another one I watched alot was a guy modeling a vase. Have fun!! God Bless. Rich Collins

• Sir/Ma'am, if you have any questions about Blender 3D modeling it is easy. There are tons of YouTube Videos that answer everything you could imagine. Say you want to build a space ship. Just go to YouTube and type in 'How to build a spaceship in Blender'. Then you can pull up a video from Blenderguru or dozens more and he will take you from the simple 3D cube that Blender opens with, step by step, until you have a beautifully awesome cool space ship that you can then put in your videos or renderings. Anything you can imagine there is probably a video tutorial on it. The ones posted on YouTube basically are there so the modelers can get subscribers and likes, which boosts their profiles, and also to get folks to go to the web site to actually see more stuff from them. Here is Andrew Prices tutorial: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yaPd4ieTmng this guy is amazing amazing amazing!!! God Bless. Rich Collins

• Hey, Thanks Richard!  I've been playing with blender but was frustrated because I can't seem to model characters very well.  This looks like a great site to work on projects while I develop my skill.  

Richard Collins said:

Ms. Adams, you don't need to draw anything anymore, unless that is your thing. Just go download DAZ-3D for free - it comes with awesome realistic 3D models with free clothes and attachments come also. Then you just dress and pose your 3D characters and then hit render and you are done. Once you have the rendering and posing down, you can animate your characters very easily which all you have to do is move them a little, hit keyframe, move them a little more, hit keyframe, etc and then hit play and they move around the screen and then you can export it to a wmv file and you have a little movie. Once you have several little movies made of your characters, you can download Microsoft MovieMaker for free, which allows you to put your little videos into a movie, and title and end credits, music, etc. Have fun. If you have a little money you can upgrade to a commercial animation software suite / product very cheaply I think daz is $100, and the one I use is Psoer which was $500. If you are really serious about it Maya is the industry standard and is what Disney uses, but I am not ready to drop that kind of cash at this point.  There are plenty of sites that have free 3D content you can use which has furniture, plates, houses, pools, etc. For a few dollars there are sites where 3D modelers make little very cool 3D items and sell them very cheaply like awesome hair and clothes. There is also a free 3D modeler at Blender.org which you can download and allows you to build anything you want in 3D like clothes or whatever. Check out some of my stuff. I have no artistic ability at all, but on Poser I have done a 3D Christian space adventure and my pilot episode is almost done. You can check out my pilot episode at my story YouTube site here: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCFf8fxsHrJnaFk3JGpVIsRQ So like I said you don't have to draw anything by yourself anymore, unless that is what you like to do. God Bless. Rich Collins

I'm BAAAAAAAAAAAAAACK!/ tips for drawing male figures
    I've decided I'm going to try it here a little bit longer. Also, do you have any advice for drawing male figures. I'm going for an anime-ish style. A…
  • Ms. Adams, you don't need to draw anything anymore, unless that is your thing. Just go download DAZ-3D for free - it comes with awesome realistic 3D models with free clothes and attachments come also. Then you just dress and pose your 3D characters and then hit render and you are done. Once you have the rendering and posing down, you can animate your characters very easily which all you have to do is move them a little, hit keyframe, move them a little more, hit keyframe, etc and then hit play and they move around the screen and then you can export it to a wmv file and you have a little movie. Once you have several little movies made of your characters, you can download Microsoft MovieMaker for free, which allows you to put your little videos into a movie, and title and end credits, music, etc. Have fun. If you have a little money you can upgrade to a commercial animation software suite / product very cheaply I think daz is $100, and the one I use is Psoer which was $500. If you are really serious about it Maya is the industry standard and is what Disney uses, but I am not ready to drop that kind of cash at this point.  There are plenty of sites that have free 3D content you can use which has furniture, plates, houses, pools, etc. For a few dollars there are sites where 3D modelers make little very cool 3D items and sell them very cheaply like awesome hair and clothes. There is also a free 3D modeler at Blender.org which you can download and allows you to build anything you want in 3D like clothes or whatever. Check out some of my stuff. I have no artistic ability at all, but on Poser I have done a 3D Christian space adventure and my pilot episode is almost done. You can check out my pilot episode at my story YouTube site here: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCFf8fxsHrJnaFk3JGpVIsRQ So like I said you don't have to draw anything by yourself anymore, unless that is what you like to do. God Bless. Rich Collins

• Manga naturally has a more feminine look for a number of reasons, especially in the face. Flatter faces, BESM(big eyes, small Mouths) small noses and more refined features are all the biological markers for a feminine face. There are some good Manga artists on this site but they don't post too often. A quick Google search produces a number of free manga tutorials for male Manga drawing, even an Idiots Guide to Manga" at  http://www.idiotsguides.com/arts-and-entertainment/fine-art-techniq...  . Good hunting.

• If you study the drawing of the human figure, male and female, with no thought to any particular style but what you naturally produce, then adapting to other styles becomes a smaller problem.

That's my advice. Just draw. Learn anatomy. Then, when you are ready you can add an anime flair to that knowledge.

This reply was deleted.