CHRISTIAN COMIC ARTS SOCIETY :: A NETWORK OF CHRISTIAN FELLOWSHIP FOR COMICS FANS, PROS, AND AMATEURS

HOW ABOUT A MASSIVE WEBCOMIC EXTRAVAGNAZA?

One idea that I am definitely game for is to do a collaborative type of comic where a single theme is present throughout and different illustrators contribute.  This will offer the opportunity of artists on all levels to draw. REGARDLESS of level of ability. I m sorry if I seemed like I was alienating artists of lets say less technical expertise, Its wrong to do that, EVERYONE should and can have a voice. If we all get together and post say an online version of something that we can all contribute to over time, we can make one MASSIVE comic that can have all kinds of twists and turns. Scott Mc cloud talked about projects like this in the early days and to my  knowledge I dont know if anyone ever picked up the ball and ran with this.

I think we should try.

any thoughts.

You need to be a member of CCAS - Christian Comic Arts Society to add comments!

Join CCAS - Christian Comic Arts Society

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• I'm partial to art and writing though I'm nervous about my work being unconventional
  • Hey Elgin,

Well - I was just waiting for your approval for the "Synopsis" I sent you - and I wanted to know what part you wanted to play in this - Editor, illustrator, writer, other?

I had a Peter escape from Prison thing in mind...though, we could turn it into a prodigal son thing.

Are you ok with the initial synopsis? It's vague enough that it can go all over the place, but it's specific enough that it can have a lot of cool action or quiet spots - and I think if done right it will be very timely.

If you like what I sent, then I will put the call out and get the ball rolling.

• Sorry I've been away a while taking care of other projects...er gotta pay bills before I have fun. So where are we now in this process? Martin you seem to have somewhat of a concrete idea of where we could go.i suggest a prodigal son type of story. It's simple enough that everyone who wants to get involved knows the story already. Any thoughts or have I just covered old ground. Martin, since you and I seem to be the most hung ho about this, perhaps we should start if off?
  • I was a member of a webcomic blogging/networking site that kicked this idea around too.  We all took turns writing and creating this crazy story, but no one ever ended up drawing anything for it.  Too bad...it was an interesting, and strange, story.
  • All righty. Bumping this...

Elgin, I'm sending your a premise for approval. If you a-ok then we need to find our 22-24 artists and a writer.

• Oh that was you! LOL. I sent you a return email with another offer, feel free to respond, or not. Yes, please email me at cartoons4u2@aol.com for private discussion
  • Whew.

I thought you had disappeared. I have some stuff to bounce off you via Private Messaging - is that a-ok?

Oh and just bought your book.

Martin

• Here I am! Sorry. Been really busy putting together a snook on bullYing, found here

http://www.epubbud.com/book.php?g=UCB5ZP8T

I expanded on the original story which was wordless. The book is geared at children, but can be read and used for all ages, of course. It addresses the problem of bullying in our society and asks the questions, How does the bully become like this? What are the root causes? Who are the victims? And what are the consequences? All of these issues are addressed in the first ten pages! It is, after all geared at children... The shook can be downloaded in PDF format for iPad and other devices and is very affordable..that s a hint...LOL! My intention is that this can really be used as a vehicle for discussion on the subject that should start in the formative years when behavior can be easily shaped and bad habits broken
    http://www.epubbud.com/book.php?g=UCB5ZP8T
  • HEY ELGIN! Anyone seen or heard from Elgin lately?

Martin

• Ok...

I've got some concepts in the works. I'll initially pass them by Elgin, and then we'll see what can happen.

Martin

This reply was deleted.