CHRISTIAN COMIC ARTS SOCIETY :: A NETWORK OF CHRISTIAN FELLOWSHIP FOR COMICS FANS, PROS, AND AMATEURS

Hi I'm a Newby

Hi, i'm new here and the computer suggested I introduce myself here, and I always do what computers say, so...I'm a comic artist from Australia, used to be in the animation industry but now do freelance illustration from my home to put bread on the table. My 'Cranky Bob the Cactus' 2 page comic came second in the 2nd International Christian Comics Competition, and apart from that I have contributed short comics to the 'Pulp Crucifiction' anthologies by Australian comic artists. I hope to make a whole stack of christian comics in the future, so I'm looking forward to meeting all you awesome christian comic creators! My testimony comic is at: http://www.christiancomicsinternational.org/baker1.htmlI'll post a few eg's of my stuff here, if you have 5 minutes to kill, check out my portfolio at http://prisoneronearth.deviantart.com/All God's best,Matt Baker

P.C-3-cover.jpg

Pulcinella-page8.jpg

Jesus.jpg

You need to be a member of CCAS - Christian Comic Arts Society to add comments!

Join CCAS - Christian Comic Arts Society

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• I'm a newby too, and I enjoyed looking over your stuff. Even though I'm more of a fine artist, I hope to illustrate children's books someday. Great work you've done.
    • Thanks for the encouragement. Do you have any examples of your fine art online?
  • I love your work and the comic of your life. I have always hoped to be an illustrator of children's christian books someday. Keep up the good work!
  • Wow, your quite the busy-body, huh? I've won first place at the High School Journalism Awards for a one page comic I did, but other then that....homework. I've gotten awards for that. Whose the real newby, right? Anyway, your lists here are an inspiration to me as I stumble around in high school, and I really hope you do accoplish that stack of comics you're dreaming of. Hopefully I'll be able to buy some here in the states! Then I can say I commented on the author's disscussion, which will be really impressive.
    • Ha ha, thanks. Nuthink wrong with getting awards for homework. I wouldn't know what that's like, I was too busy drawing on my homework to actually do it :) Sounds like you're too smart for a career in comics, go become a vet, it pays better and you get to pat puppies ;)
      • Hey, just because I do homework doesn't mean I don't draw in school! I nearly got a C in Algebra because I was constantly sketching in my agenda (where I should have been writing my homework down...) As for sounding smart, I just read a lot, and that helps normal people talk like collage professors.
This reply was deleted.