CHRISTIAN COMIC ARTS SOCIETY :: A NETWORK OF CHRISTIAN FELLOWSHIP FOR COMICS FANS, PROS, AND AMATEURS

Greetings from Cleveland

Hi Folks,

I'm John and I'm very interested in meeting people with similar interests. I'm very pleased to find a "society" of Christian Comic Arts.

I've always been artistic but traded in my passion for art over 3 decades ago for a paycheck. It's something that I've regretted over the years and I'm actually interested in making creativity/art a much bigger part of my life. I have several ideas that I would like to pursue, many of which would benefit from collaboration. If you're a writer or artist interested in that sort of thing please let me know. It seems as though the Collaboration section of the forum has the posting disabled for some time - is there a reason for this?

I look forward to getting to know everyone.

You need to be a member of CCAS - Christian Comic Arts Society to add comments!

Join CCAS - Christian Comic Arts Society

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• I do work mostly in pencil and paper. I graduated before digital got really big,and I have not been able to get into any of it. I like the idea of drawing right on a tablet but I have not found anything better than drawing with a pencil.

I do have a concept with a"super hero" who is a Christian. I like technology based characters because they are more realistic.

I would like to see your project, and talk more.

John McLoughlin said:

Thanks for the welcomes, all. Allen, I checked out your bio. I just sketched the creation of Adam a couple months ago... Yours is much more "active" than mine. Looks like you're pretty much conventional media - ever get into digital? Photoshop, manga studio, etc...?

I'm very concerned about truth in this world of lies and that's what I want to convey in my efforts in this area. I hope that I am finally broken enough to let Christ's light, and only His light, shine through. It's not about me or money or success as the world sees it - it's about edification of the Truth of God's Word.

Do you do any writing or are you just on the artwork side of things? I saw that you had interest in doing "your own" stuff.

I work in manufacturing as well.
    Greetings from Cleveland
    Hi Folks, I'm John and I'm very interested in meeting people with similar interests. I'm very pleased to find a society of Christian Comic Arts. I'…
  • Hi John,

Nice to have you on here!  At some point I would be interested in collaborating more with others too, but I know I don't have the time right now.  (I'm already collaborating on one project with someone.)  But, have you heard of the Oatelyacademy?  (http://oatleyacademy.com/)  I've been following along their latest course called OALive!  You have to subscribe to the site to have access to the video lessons and forum, but I've been finding it to be really helpful, so I thought I would pass along the info to you.  It's all about working on personal projects & collaborating.  They go over topics like how to start a project you know you can finish, and how to find the right collaborators.  I was surprised to find a lot of Christians are on there too.

• I'd love to find a like- minded collaborator.
  • I have lots of ideas and the vast amount of work to bring anything to fruition is staggering. I love to draw and color. I think I like to ink best. I was never into comic books until recently.i like to write and I've done quite a bit regarding my "trade" but not much from a creative perspective. Did a few editorial cartoons years ago. Most everything I want to say has already been said I just need to "package it" in a medium that will reach people who might never hear it otherwise.

Allen Smerchansky said:

Yes, I'm in Ohio.

Do you write and draw or what?

Personally, I would like to think that I can write,but I am not very good at it. That is usually where I loose focus, and don't get much accomplished.

Greetings from Cleveland
    Hi Folks, I'm John and I'm very interested in meeting people with similar interests. I'm very pleased to find a society of Christian Comic Arts. I'…
  • Thanks for the welcomes, all. Allen, I checked out your bio. I just sketched the creation of Adam a couple months ago... Yours is much more "active" than mine. Looks like you're pretty much conventional media - ever get into digital? Photoshop, manga studio, etc...?

I'm very concerned about truth in this world of lies and that's what I want to convey in my efforts in this area. I hope that I am finally broken enough to let Christ's light, and only His light, shine through. It's not about me or money or success as the world sees it - it's about edification of the Truth of God's Word.

Do you do any writing or are you just on the artwork side of things? I saw that you had interest in doing "your own" stuff.

I work in manufacturing as well.
  • Yes, I'm in Ohio.

Do you write and draw or what?

Personally, I would like to think that I can write,but I am not very good at it. That is usually where I loose focus, and don't get much accomplished.

• Hi Allen - very cool. Not by a computer now - just on my cumbersome iPhone (for stuff like this). Just got done sketching/scribbling my first 6 pages for an idea I'd like to bring to fruition. Looking forward to getting to know you as well. Still in Ohio?
  • Greetings from Ravenna(east of Akron)

I am amazed when I see someone that is going through the same thing as I am. I am an artist who has been working outside of the comics industry for over fifteen years,and am trying to get back into drawing comics. it will be good to get to know you and hear what God is doing in your life.

• Hi John,

Please to meet you. Welcome to the Christian Comic Arts Society. It is always good to meet other Christian people who share the same love and passion for Christ and the Comic arts all in one place. I can't wait to see what kind of ideas you have.

• Greetings John, and welcome to the CCAS community! The 'Collaboration' section has been down for some time. I sent a PM to the admin some time ago but did not get a reply.

I probably can't help you as I am an amateur at writing. If you'd like to see an example of my writing please visit http://www.thenewsonsofthunder.com/ I do amateur writing and scribble storyboards.

Perhaps you could give us a brief description of some of the concepts you have for your stories? It might inspire and attract more talented members, and get some folks interested in working on your stories.

God bless you and yours, and all you love,

Gerry Lee

My Business - Home
    Hello Traveller! Welcome to 'The New Sons of Thunder' website, thank you for visiting!"The New Sons of Thunder' is a Christian themed comic book come…
This reply was deleted.