CHRISTIAN COMIC ARTS SOCIETY :: A NETWORK OF CHRISTIAN FELLOWSHIP FOR COMICS FANS, PROS, AND AMATEURS

Emblazor Magazine

Hello there, I'm new here and very excited about this Website and its members! :D

Since about Winter 2009 I have a vision for a christian experimental comic magazine for an older (means 16+) audience. First it was a one man project, now we are a core team of five people (including a magazine layouter/print worker and till now just one comic drawer and three assistants). The name of the magazine is "Emblazor", it's thought to be entertaining as much as to develop drawings/comics about serious topics, such as abortion, homosexuality, drug abuse etc. Containing the message of God of course! The magazine will be free, we won't sell it, it'll be distributed on streets, in busses, trains, in the red light district, in churches and so on!

That's all quite rough, but the will is there and I saved some money to print it quite cheap (100-200 issues for the beginning), now I need some artists who aren't afraid of spreading the gospel, who got their own style and a heart for drawing for Christ!! The first issue will be about abortion, so, if you'd like to join in, please write me, proof it, if it's the right way, talk with God about it! :) of course you don't have to draw something about abortion, listen to what God wants you to draw, this topic is just a general guideline of the first issue :D

A website is in progress and the goal is that the mag will be translated in at least english, german, italian, french (languages I'm able to translate) and if possible, also spanish and japanese! But that's not first priority ;)

I really enjoy this place here and I'm very curious about what will happen when people stand up for Christ, to worship him with their gift of drawing!

If there are any questions or something else, just ask and write, I'd be happy to get some opinions and maybe even some artists for the magazine ^^

God Bless

Michael

You need to be a member of CCAS - Christian Comic Arts Society to add comments!

Join CCAS - Christian Comic Arts Society

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• You know Elena, there will be more issues of Emblazor than just one! Take your time and the offer'll be there, you can join whenever you'd like to! 

Be blessed!

• Oh gosh, that'll be an awesome opportunity, but I don't think I'm have anything put together at anytime soon cause busy with school projects and other stuff. I definitely won't forget your offer. :) You never now, things change themselves.
  • at Elena: Your vision sounds very very cool, maybe (if you want to sell the book) I could integrate a sample of your graphic novel in Emblazor! But I'd be totally interested in publishing the whole story in it, it'll be translated in German, Italian, French, so it could reach more people! But you have to tell!
  • This is such a powerful, ambition dream....It can't help but be contagious for artists to jump on board. Even I love the idea. I've recently received a similar vision to formulate my own series, leaning towards graphic novel type, that focus of issues like bullying, depression, self-injury, and even suicide. It'll be directed to bring Hope and support to troubled youth. :)
  • Sounds good. I don't have a story about abortion, but maybe I can send another story or something.
  • This sounds awesome!  I also make comics for the purpose of spreading the good word, and I've recently been trying to figure out how to put it to good use.  I'm currently making a comic called TKTC (To Kill The Christ), which you can find at www.drunkduck.com/TKTC and have also started a campaign called Buy a comic, save a nation, which can be found here.  I really like your magazine idea!  Let me know if I can help!
This reply was deleted.