CHRISTIAN COMIC ARTS SOCIETY :: A NETWORK OF CHRISTIAN FELLOWSHIP FOR COMICS FANS, PROS, AND AMATEURS
Does anyone have drawings they have done portraying JESUS CHRIST laughing?I'd love to do an animation video of as many drawings and paintings of JESUS CHRIST laughing as I can gather.The world needs to see a Joyful and Festive JESUS...laughing at only good, decent humor.Did JESUS CHRIST have the perfect sense of humor?He was perfect in every other way.

You need to be a member of CCAS - Christian Comic Arts Society to add comments!

Join CCAS - Christian Comic Arts Society

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• I have to agree that He did have a sense of humor. If you look at some aspects of His ministry, you can see the humor, such as when he talks to Nicodemus in John 3 and refers to a new birth. I wrote a short play about that once and it lent itself very well to humor.

• Don't tell me you don't laugh when you're joyful! Then again us grownups don't laugh that much when we think we're happy. But children do. And Jesus said we must be like children.
    John 15:11 These things have I spoken unto you, that my joy might remain in you, and that your joy might be full.

But I don't think Jesus ever laughed _at_ anybody.
    Psa 1:1 Blessed is the man that walketh not in the counsel of the ungodly, nor standeth in the way of sinners, nor sitteth in the seat of the scornful.
  • Heh, good point!

Buzz Dixon said:
    Rob Marsh said:
    It's interesting, this reminds me of an uncle of mine who said that Jesus never laughed, because the Bible never records him as laughing. I always thought that view a little extreme, but this question brought it back to mind.
    Well, the counter argument could be made that He was happy and laughing most of the time because it's only when He got angry (once) or wept (twice) that there's any record of His emotions.
  • It's interesting, this reminds me of an uncle of mine who said that Jesus never laughed, because the Bible never records him as laughing. I always thought that view a little extreme, but this question brought it back to mind.
  • I think he laughed hard and long. Many of his statements can be taken as very clever jokes or sarcasm. I think your onto something. Joy is a big part of the Christian Faith - ain't it odd that most true believers have a sense of joy and humor, even in the midst of trying times?

I wonder what happened when he told Peter to pull His finger around the fires they camped around at night while they were on the road...
  • You should see The Visual Bible: Matthew http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0301359/
This reply was deleted.