CHRISTIAN COMIC ARTS SOCIETY :: A NETWORK OF CHRISTIAN FELLOWSHIP FOR COMICS FANS, PROS, AND AMATEURS

I have created a character who goes against the traditional size 2 super heroine body type and has vitiligo...my protagonist’s love interest is a biracial black female who 1) has vitiligo 2) is not a size 2 body type 3) is a strong faithful believer 4) sets the example for young women to learn to be comfortable in their own skin and focus on who they are inside, not so much outside.

Too often we see girls worrying about every little detail on the outside (scars, stretch marks, extra skin, extra weight, blemishes, unhappy with their height, etc). Who in this world is really perfect? Why do we so often wish we had “perfect” bodies when we don’t bother to fix the inside first and find healing for our wounds and patterns? My character teaches people to seek first the kingdom of God and the qualities of womanhood in the Word, not the world. 

You need to be a member of CCAS - Christian Comic Arts Society to add comments!

Join CCAS - Christian Comic Arts Society

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• It sounds great! I used to have a friend by the same name when I was 12.

• I would love to see her defy the stereotypical damsel. She sounds great. Do you have a name for her?

• Yes, her name is Anaya :) it’s an African name referring to the blessing of God

• well said .

• I’ll be sketching her soon, I’ve just been working too hard on my jobs

This reply was deleted.