CHRISTIAN COMIC ARTS SOCIETY :: A NETWORK OF CHRISTIAN FELLOWSHIP FOR COMICS FANS, PROS, AND AMATEURS

collaborative CCAS comic book

As I look at the artists and Christian comics found on this site, I am constantly blown away by the amazing talent God has given you all!  I am an amateur, by far, and my skills will never be as good as a lot of what I see here.  Nevertheless, I have always loved to draw and make comics, and I feel that is the gift that God has given me.  Like many of you, I feel that I have to use what I have been given to bring honor and glory to God and to draw attention to Christ.

Forgive me if this has ever been brought up before or been the topic of another discussion, but I think it would be cool to pool up a bunch of comics from members of this site to release a collaborative book of comics from CCAS creators.  For instance, I would throw in my comic that I'm currently working on when the issue is finished, and other artists and creators could throw in an issue or short comic of their own and together we would have one big, fat, juicy collection of Christian comics of all different styles and genres.  It would be awesome!  Then maybe we could promote and sell the collection for a benefit, ministry, charity or something.  If it is something anyone else would be interested in, we could release them a number of times through the year.  What do you think?

You need to be a member of CCAS - Christian Comic Arts Society to add comments!

Join CCAS - Christian Comic Arts Society

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• The WCE is almost here - there are some things still being ironed out - but once they are, we'll let you know.

Martin.

• Thanks Martin, I will keep my eyes peeled for that!

Martin Murtonen said:

Also keep your eyes peeled for something coming up shortly: THE CCAS WEBCOMICS EXTRAVAGANZA (as propositioned by Elgin Bolling, and then kind of mangled together by yours truly [Martin M.] - Info about this project will be posted in about a day or two.

AND it will be a requirement that as many people can jump on board do. Again - info soon.

Martin

• Also keep your eyes peeled for something coming up shortly: THE CCAS WEBCOMICS EXTRAVAGANZA (as propositioned by Elgin Bolling, and then kind of mangled together by yours truly [Martin M.] - Info about this project will be posted in about a day or two.

AND it will be a requirement that as many people can jump on board do. Again - info soon.

Martin

• Not exactly what I was looking to do, but thanks.  I'll look into it.
  • What you want to do already exists, and is prominently displayed at the top of this forum.  It is called Alpha-Omega, the CCAS APA-zine.  Have a look, and, if you so desire, get involved! 

This reply was deleted.