CHRISTIAN COMIC ARTS SOCIETY :: A NETWORK OF CHRISTIAN FELLOWSHIP FOR COMICS FANS, PROS, AND AMATEURS

Christian Comics, Fantasy/Sci fi

What Christian Sci fi comics do you highly recommend. If there isn't any in the Sci Fi Genre, Fantasy would be good too. I have read secular comics (Some I really disliked, some I really liked with some unnessesary things in it) and had to look up the age rate before I read it. But it would be nice to read something inspired by the Gospel and the good stories it can create. God bless and have a great day. 

Ps. Its been a while since I've been here, glad to be back. 

You need to be a member of CCAS - Christian Comic Arts Society to add comments!

Join CCAS - Christian Comic Arts Society

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Hi John,

I am not familiar with Christian scifi comics; but some great Christian scifi books are CS Lewis's The Space Trilogy (Out of the Silent Planet, Perelandra, and That Hideous Strength); also Madelyn L'Engel's work (A Wrinkle in Time, A Wind in the Door, A Swiftly Tilting Planet); and Orson Scott Card is a Mormon (Ender's Game).

For fantasy you might want to check out Lloyd Alexander's work (The Chronicles of Prydain) which has Christian elements, and Stephen Lawhead's The Pendragon Cycle (King Arthur) and Song of Albion.

• Hi John,

I did an eBook collection of one and 2-panel sci-fi themed comics called Silly Daddy in Space. The book is certainly Christian themed and also has some faithful commentary included. Feel free to check it out.

SdisCover10Px520.jpg

Silly Daddy in Space eBook
    Laughs, inspiration and insight from award-winning Silly Daddy cartoonist, rare digital artist, and author Joe Chiappetta
  • Hey John, I just saw your post about asking for some sci-fi suggestions.  You might consider looking at this book that my new publishing company just came out with, Paul the Apostle: A Graphic Novel.  It is a biblically based science fiction Bible adaptation based on the story of Paul the Apostle.  You can download the first 50 pages free on the website.  I'd love to hear your feedback on it.  We are currently working on the story of Peter set in the same universe and are looking for all feedback to make the Peter book even better. Have a blessed day man.

http://www.beartruthcollective.com/paul-a-graphic-novel/

This reply was deleted.