CHRISTIAN COMIC ARTS SOCIETY :: A NETWORK OF CHRISTIAN FELLOWSHIP FOR COMICS FANS, PROS, AND AMATEURS

Christian Comic Arts Chatroom

Hey all, 

I'm wondering if it might be cool to have a Christian comic IRC channel available? For those of you unfamiliar with IRC, it basically stands for Internet Relay Chat, and it happens to be the most popular form of chat for communities and groups since the 90s. IRC is preferable to other "chatrooms" in virtue of the fact that it is text-centered, and one can access various servers and channel rooms using your browser or various applications. 

For those of you interested, the Christian Game Developers group meets on the irc.freenode.net server in the channel room #cdn-chatzone. For those of you wary of downloading a client, you can access the freenode IRC server online at https://webchat.freenode.net/. Simply put in your nick, put in #cdn-chatzone in the channel, and then connect. What's cool is that you can join a thousand other channels as well. 

You need to be a member of CCAS - Christian Comic Arts Society to add comments!

Join CCAS - Christian Comic Arts Society

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• #christiancomics 

#ccas

What do you all think? 

• I think this is the longest conversation I've seen on this website in a long time.  Kudos IRC.

• You know, I'm all for it. Heck, I was using a language learning website and they removed user access to their forum and converted to multiple rooms in a chat client(discord). Their opinion was a great degree of user to user communication needed to be live. The discord chat that they implemented is fun, at least to me.
  • IRC IS STILL RELEVANT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:-)

• You know... keeping with the nostalgia, we should share pics/documents and such through a gopher protocol.  http://gopher.floodgap.com/gopher/

(and that good 'ol Lynx Browser is full of what yesterdays were like.)

Ah, those fine memories of a terminal waiting for another search in gopher space.

Public Gopher Proxy @ Floodgap.com: Access Gopher Sites from Your Browser
  • Dan Lee: Yup!

Brian mentioned that sometimes the channel is idle. I can only be active on the channel at night. Nevertheless, I think it would be beneficial to have an official channel, even if most of the time there's idling. I - for instance - have talked with Brian Durham and Matt Crotts on IRC, and I appreciate the real time experience. Additionally, even if I'm not on IRC at the moment, but idling (because of work), it's great to be able to go on later and see what conversations have occurred *smile*. 

• whoah, this takes me back.

• Actually, it might not be a bad idea.

• Brian: I'm totally there, you guy!!!!

• I jumped in, but you weren't there.  Not too much response going on.

This reply was deleted.