CHRISTIAN COMIC ARTS SOCIETY :: A NETWORK OF CHRISTIAN FELLOWSHIP FOR COMICS FANS, PROS, AND AMATEURS

Replies

• Thanks!  I have a few other things of the Golden and Silver Age to scan and post, but it's a matter of finding the time, due to other commitments. 

Agape in Christ,

Alec

• I just wanted to encourage you also. I really enjoy this history. Keep 'em coming!

• You're welcome, Robert!

• What your wife said is the main reason that I'm posting these---and to show the sad reality of how far this nation has fallen in just forty or fifty years.  The culture has radically changed.  Christianity used to be a major part of America, and what was called 'the Judeo-Christian ethic' was the moral arbiter in secular entertainment.  Even in old TV shows families prayed before meals, went to church, and had convictions about right and wrong.  The arts are a reflection of society, and we've gone from "Leave it to Beaver" to "Breaking Bad."  A whole generation doesn't even know the first thing about God.  In the U.S. it used to be that prayer was a daily part of school (until that was taken out in 1962) and Bible reading was a normal part of secular education as well.  Charlton Heston often used to give Bible readings on "The Tonight Show" with Johnny Carson in the '60s (you may be able to find this on Youtube).  Could you imagine that on present day late night television?  Not hardly.  "Righteousness exalts a nation, but sin is a reproach to any people." 

Kind regards in Christ Jesus,

Alec  

This reply was deleted.