CHRISTIAN COMIC ARTS SOCIETY :: A NETWORK OF CHRISTIAN FELLOWSHIP FOR COMICS FANS, PROS, AND AMATEURS

Replies

• Yes! I do a lot of single panel cartoons and short strips as well. I work as an editorial cartoonist for a small paper, and create a lot of single panel cartoons for a variety of other venues too. Would love to chat or hear from any other artists who do work like this, as I really believe in the power this kind of artwork has in sharing a message - or just communicating something fun too. Some of  my work (but not all) can be found at https://axiomillustrationblog.wordpress.com/

Also, if anyone is interested in getting a little exposure for their artwork, I've been conducting interviews with various Christian artists in order to help get the word out! It's probably better to leave a comment over at my site though (if interested), as while I check here often - I won't miss it over there! :)

(no title)
  • Resurrecting an old thread, but that's just how I roll. :D

Yup, I do a strip right now, and I've done a bunch of single panels too.

• Thank you! :D If all goes well, I hope to start putting strips online sometime around early April. 

Steven A. Wall said:

Deadlines are great for shattering the idea that your work needs to be perfect.  As an editor once said, "I don't need it to be perfect, I need it to be done."

By the way, from what I can see your work is great, I would love to see your comic strips when you get a chance to upload them.

Zoe said:

I'm pretty new to this forum, so I'm certainly not a frequent visitor, but I do draw comic strips. I have nothing to show right now, but I want to make a webcomic in the hopes that, by setting myself strict deadlines, I'll get over the cursed notion that absolutely everything I create has to be perfect. I'm also hoping it will teach me more about comics in general, so that one day I'll be able to try my hand at a graphic novel. :D
  • I draw comic strips and put them on here...
  • Deadlines are great for shattering the idea that your work needs to be perfect.  As an editor once said, "I don't need it to be perfect, I need it to be done."

By the way, from what I can see your work is great, I would love to see your comic strips when you get a chance to upload them.

Zoe said:

I'm pretty new to this forum, so I'm certainly not a frequent visitor, but I do draw comic strips. I have nothing to show right now, but I want to make a webcomic in the hopes that, by setting myself strict deadlines, I'll get over the cursed notion that absolutely everything I create has to be perfect. I'm also hoping it will teach me more about comics in general, so that one day I'll be able to try my hand at a graphic novel. :D
  • I'm pretty new to this forum, so I'm certainly not a frequent visitor, but I do draw comic strips. I have nothing to show right now, but I want to make a webcomic in the hopes that, by setting myself strict deadlines, I'll get over the cursed notion that absolutely everything I create has to be perfect. I'm also hoping it will teach me more about comics in general, so that one day I'll be able to try my hand at a graphic novel. :D
  • Hello Steven,

I'm an artist and writer. My project  started out as a 3 panel strip and gradually moved into "comics" and such.

Check me out at www.newcreationnow.com for the webcomic and www.faithwalkerhero.com for the oficial site as well as the "classic" panel strip. I'd love to chat with you. have a blessed day.

Clint D. Johnson

www.Thefaithwalker.com

www.facebook.com/Thefaithwalker

www.twitter.com/TheFaithwalker

Site not found · DreamHost
    The owner of this domain has not yet uploaded their website.
This reply was deleted.