CHRISTIAN COMIC ARTS SOCIETY :: A NETWORK OF CHRISTIAN FELLOWSHIP FOR COMICS FANS, PROS, AND AMATEURS

Another newbie

I've been putting this off for a while, since introductions are not my strength, but I suppose now's as good a time as ever. My name is Zoe, as you can see, and I'm absolutely thrilled to find a community like this on the internet. Being a Christian can be a lonely enough pursuit as is, but Christian comic artists seem about as rare as finding a tap-dancing turtle. ;P 

Anyway, I've been drawing seriously for about seven years now, and I've been saved for almost three. Although I love my craft, I don't really have much to show for it, owing mostly to a frustrating habit of trying to make everything I create perfect. Recently I came to the conclusion that not only is perfectionism absurd, but it's also crippling my creativity, so I'm trying to get over it, and in turn revive my old hopes of drawing comics. My ultimate goal is to write and draw graphic novels for a living. 

You need to be a member of CCAS - Christian Comic Arts Society to add comments!

Join CCAS - Christian Comic Arts Society

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Lisa Hutchinson said:

Being a perfectionist truly is crippling, isn't it? XD I'm trying to access your images on your DA account, maybe I'll be able to at a later time. I hope you find this place a haven of fellowship and opportunity :) Welcome to the boards!

Tell me about it. XD; It's like beating my head against a brick wall.

I'd be honoured if you had a look at my DA account. :) Unfortunately I only have one picture up on DA at the moment, but hopefully that will change soon enough.

Ralph Ellis Miley said:

Welcome to the CCAS.  As you can see you are not alone.  There are so many talented brothers and sisters in the Lord.  I pray that you make some wonderful connections.  May the Lord richly bless you.

Thank you! It's wonderful to find myself in a community filled with such dedicated Christian's and artists. 

• Welcome to the CCAS.  As you can see you are not alone.  There are so many talented brothers and sisters in the Lord.  I pray that you make some wonderful connections.  May the Lord richly bless you.
  • Being a perfectionist truly is crippling, isn't it? XD I'm trying to access your images on your DA account, maybe I'll be able to at a later time. I hope you find this place a haven of fellowship and opportunity :) Welcome to the boards!
This reply was deleted.