CHRISTIAN COMIC ARTS SOCIETY :: A NETWORK OF CHRISTIAN FELLOWSHIP FOR COMICS FANS, PROS, AND AMATEURS

Replies

• I have to agree, Mr. Miley. We have done exactly that and we only need to look at the headlines to see the result and our work for the Lord becomes all the more urgent.

I did wish to comment on the portrait "Marines at Prayer". I have seen other such portraits in the past, but this one has to be the best and the most heartfelt. Thank you so much for posting it here, and for any marine or other serviceman or woman who may read this, thank you for your service

• Just my opinion, but to oust Christ from the culture leads to the decline of the culture.  It will only be a matter of time before the culture is given over to it's decadence.

• Thank you, Ralph!  Raymond was at least nominally Catholic, but I've never heard any of his contemporaries say that he was a born again believer in Christ.  Sadly, he died in a car accident in 1956 which many believe to have been suicidal.  I shared these as a reminder of the 'cultural zeitgeist' of decades past, that there was much more tolerance and even celebration of an open adoration of our Lord Jesus Christ, especially around the holidays, in mass media (movies, television, radio, comics, etc.) which is just about gone today.

Agape in Christ,

Alec

• Blessings to you my brother.  May our Lord's grace be upon you as we remember the birth of our Savior, Jesus Christ.

• 3884701325?profile=originalAnd here is a page from a 1949 King Features Syndicate Christmas songbook drawn by Alex Raymond.  The male character with the glasses is Rip Kirby (the name of the comic strip).

This reply was deleted.