CHRISTIAN COMIC ARTS SOCIETY :: A NETWORK OF CHRISTIAN FELLOWSHIP FOR COMICS FANS, PROS, AND AMATEURS

A group here for Webcomic publishers?

Hey, I'm curious if there is a group here for "webcomic publishers", and if not, could something like this be created? (if this exists and I missed it somehow, please forgive me!)I've been trekking along with my webcomic (dscomic.com) for a couple months now, and so much of what I've been doing has been an independent learning experience. I'd like to start networking with other Christian webcomic creators more, to get some ideas of how to promote a webcomic, advertising, sidebar links, hosting, etc, etc...Would anyone else be interested in starting a Christian webcomics group and sharing ideas?Thanks!

You need to be a member of CCAS - Christian Comic Arts Society to add comments!

Join CCAS - Christian Comic Arts Society

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• I don't have a lot of ideas yet, but I just think it would be good to get a network started, one in which we can share ideas and help encourage one another. I'm thinking (at least, it seems like) some of the folks in Alpha-Omega are moving more and more to an online format, so I was hoping to rope in some of those folks here, and maybe bring in some others from the CCAS group. Some topics I'm thinking could be covered and shared would be:

- How to get started with a webcomic.
    - Using Wordpress plugin Comicpress/Comixmanager (what I'm struggling to use on my own site) as well as any alternatives.
    - Hosting, fees, and the best deals
    - Synching the site with a live book (and what printer to go with that can be linked to online, etc)
    - Advertising
    - Promotion
    - Etc.

Sky is the limit. At this point, I'd just like to meet some other Christian webcomic folks and compare notes.

So anyone reading this, who's interested, feel free to join in with thoughts an ideas!

Rob
  • I searched and I didn't see anything about a specific group, either.

Hey, I'm all for this. My site is so rudimentary at this point, I can only offer to promote and link, but sometime in the not too distant future, I'd love to raise it to the next level. Having a source of encouragement and help, I gotta figure, will only help advance the process.

Plus, we could all wear cool patches! Or matching polos!

Or not.

Seriously, though, I'm in. I'm 70-some strips in at this point, and though I may not have a lot to offer, what I have picked up I'm open to sharing. In fact, Rob, if you DON'T start this, then I will!
This reply was deleted.