CHRISTIAN COMIC ARTS SOCIETY :: A NETWORK OF CHRISTIAN FELLOWSHIP FOR COMICS FANS, PROS, AND AMATEURS

A couple of pages from The Calling

A while back...maybe a few years ago, we had a discussion about how to handle scantily clad women in a Christian comics. I wanted to show the reader what type of women these were without actually SHOWING them over sized attributes. Here is how my page came out.

I've also included a page from early chapter 4. The book is kind of edgy with scenes and imagery ranging from baptisms and prayer to drug deals and gun fights. 3449078625?profile=original3449078993?profile=original

You need to be a member of CCAS - Christian Comic Arts Society to add comments!

Join CCAS - Christian Comic Arts Society

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Thanks, I've definitely grown a lot as I've progressed through the book...the latter pages seem stronger than the earlier ones. Thanks for the feedback!

• What I'm seeing so far looks really solid.  Great scene designs and point of view decisions, and it reads smoothly from top to bottom. Very Nice!

• This looks intriguing! A unique blend of gritty real mixed with dark humor. S.C.U.M.M.? 'White Dove' motel? Nice! Good job with the 'bad girls', decently dressed, but you know right away what kind of women they are.

This reply was deleted.