CHRISTIAN COMIC ARTS SOCIETY :: A NETWORK OF CHRISTIAN FELLOWSHIP FOR COMICS FANS, PROS, AND AMATEURS

Hi!

My name is Chris Jones and I've been going by The Spirit since I got my first PC back in 2000. I almost abandoned it since this horrible movie came out, but I really love the original character that Will Eisner created. I love old school comics mainly, the new stuff leaves me rather cold except for the retro guys like Darwyn Cooke, Mike Allred, and Bruce Timm. I also like the writing of Kurt Busiek on Astro City and a few DC books here and there but mostly I'm a reprint 70s and under guy. I'm working on my own 50s retro Superhero comic called Shock Squad and I'm going to publish as a webcomic on Cyberlight Great site PLUG PLUG. I have been with them over a year and I haven't finished the first issue yet because I have 3 kids 8,6,and 5 and me and the wife Homeschool so it's taking forever.I'm looking for a little fellowship and encouragement with Christian comics. I usually haunt the secular comic forums except for Cyberlight and it's nice to have another place to go now.Looking forward to chatting with you guys.Keep the faith.But Give it away.

You need to be a member of CCAS - Christian Comic Arts Society to add comments!

Join CCAS - Christian Comic Arts Society

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Hi The Spirit,

Nice to see you here! The pics in progress I've seen of the "Shock Squad" look awesome:) Cyberlight is one of my favorite sites too, I hope people here will drop by for weekly webcomics and to fellowship on their message boards too.

God bless you,
    Gerry
  • hey. ditto on the fellowship etc. I know nothing about retro comics so I could probably learn a bit from your posts on here. I'll have to check out Cyberlight too, all the best with "Shock Squad"- and your chief ministry- your 3 kids!

marcus
This reply was deleted.