CHRISTIAN COMIC ARTS SOCIETY :: A NETWORK OF CHRISTIAN FELLOWSHIP FOR COMICS FANS, PROS, AND AMATEURS

What graphic program to buy?

So yes, I want to get the legal version of Adobe photoshop and perhaps, maybe, illustrator. I don't know which ones to get because of all the different versions (recently CS3 came out) and the suite and the prices.Would you recommend illustrator? It seems like a good program to virtually ink your comics with. So at this moment in stage, I'm thinking about getting the photoshop and illustrator. Or is there other recommendations you have?If it helps to tailor a personal request, I'm an aspiring comic artist and so I would like to ink my characters and then color it with some graphic program. I also have a Bamboo Fun (an inexpensive wacom tablet).

You need to be a member of CCAS - Christian Comic Arts Society to add comments!

Join CCAS - Christian Comic Arts Society

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• I'd recommend Manga Studio EX. It was built from the ground up for digital comic creation. It's out of Japan. It works fine with Bamboo.
  • I’m a professional Storyboard artist & graphic designer, I’ll recommend you to use Photoshop cs3, and does the inking manually scan the artwork & color them in Photoshop. That’s how we do storyboard, you can do comic in the similar method. :)
  • Photoshop is great for coloring comics. I use photoshop CS3. I have Illustrator also but have yet to teach myself that program. I know that I need too.....
This reply was deleted.