CHRISTIAN COMIC ARTS SOCIETY :: A NETWORK OF CHRISTIAN FELLOWSHIP FOR COMICS FANS, PROS, AND AMATEURS

Minicomic

So okay, it's still around...sorta...I am finishing up some of John Porcellino's works (King-Cat Classix and Perfect Example). Sure, the style may be quite minimalistic and the topic/jokes a bit curseful and raunchy at times, but I feel inspired that a minicomic (or really, comics in general) doesn't need all the crazy graphic skills, coloring, and shading...of course that would be a great supplement.But this isn't exactly painting. I think the main focus is if you can have a nice timing with images and words to make jokes, observations, etc.So anyone likes reading and perhaps creating minicomics? And what's its current status with our rapid changing culture?

You need to be a member of CCAS - Christian Comic Arts Society to add comments!

Join CCAS - Christian Comic Arts Society

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Glad you brought this up, I went to college with John and we came up in the minicomics and zine world together. My comic, Silly Daddy, started as a minicomic. I do still like minicomics today, except it is hard to find ones without vulgarity. They are still alive and well as a medium, but certainly many stories that would have easily become minicomics in the early 80s and 90s are now just as likely to be webcomics. Usually in the artist alley section of most of the big conventions you can still find some good people doing minicomics. Come to think of it, I even wrote and drew an episode of King Cat (#40) back in the day.
    • What? Really? *flips in his King-Cat comix to #40* Are you serious?

Quite a short one. There's the good day, Dat Phat Dawg, and Abe Lincoln Dream.

Then it is a small world you, John, and I live in.

By some chance, are you the Joe that wanted to climb the mountain and got sick afterwards?
      in.by
      • Yes. That's me. We climbed the mountain and then all did a story on it. I recall now that I did some of the art and story in that issue too -- small world indeed. I actually did #40 and a portion of #45 I think. But these are the first printings. In the reprints and collections, I don't know if that made it in or if the numbers were changed. The #40 story I am talking about had a girl in a junkyard who always stood still.
This reply was deleted.