CHRISTIAN COMIC ARTS SOCIETY :: A NETWORK OF CHRISTIAN FELLOWSHIP FOR COMICS FANS, PROS, AND AMATEURS

Well, My ideas were stolen after all

No no Disney's goons haven't found out about my work, unless they do sift through landfills...I was robbed yesterday of my backpacks containing all my school and life's work (literally, I was carring my back-up hard drive with me); as well as hundreds of unrestorable refrence materials and resources; plus one entire comic book project. So I'm not only out of new ideas, I can't even improve or pitch the ones I had come up with since I have no way of remembering them or getting them back! Though it doesn't really hurt my schoolwork; since they don't really care about my stories I want to animate, film, or render by other means or they aren't supposed to (not paid for) gear me torwards success through them...I can't even count all the things that were gone...all the fan art projects I started to gain some online recognition seeing that they would turn up their noses to anything else of mine...my music compositions...all my unfinished work and writings, all that research, characters both new potential and improved designs...all impossible to recover...Well I still have options...I don't know really what God want's me to go on now...I could just give it all up and kill my sellf because I don't really have any incentive or basis for me to feel called much less encouraged to stay in these fields and like I'd said I'd kill myself before I switched to any other field; or I could go on with my "Im unstoppable" attitude but this time compleately leave what I would now refer to "religion" out the picture-and still try to recover my stuff if it were possible!

You need to be a member of CCAS - Christian Comic Arts Society to add comments!

Join CCAS - Christian Comic Arts Society

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• doesn't help if it was material I still had to learn...and it was still over 200GB/20lbs of work...
      • I am assuming this is referencing school work, is that right?

You said this was a back up right? You still have original stuff somewhere?

It suck to get robbed, I was robbed two years ago, about $11,000 worth of stuff and tons of sentimental stuff. Very tough to go through I know. Like I said before, get in touch with God and he'll get you threw. Keep your eye on the big picture, the eternal perspective, you know. I know its hard to see that right now cause you are in the middle of it.
        • All I can see is that the "eternal perspective" doesn't want me, or at least the best; not even the better parts of me in it! I was backing up the origional stuff that night wich I can't do at home, so I lost them both entirely (probably been erased or placed up in a pawn shop by now)! However I have decided to attempt the same thing David did when his son got ill...although I didn't do to well the last time I tried not eating on an indefinate period...
This reply was deleted.