CHRISTIAN COMIC ARTS SOCIETY :: A NETWORK OF CHRISTIAN FELLOWSHIP FOR COMICS FANS, PROS, AND AMATEURS

Chicago-area events for the summer...

There are TWO that I wanna highlight - but if you know of others, feel free to post them here, for my education and enlightenment, as well as others....First, next weekend, is WizardWorld Chicago - June 26-29. Always a good opportunity for witnessing (a little light shows up best in UTTER darkness), it can also be a good place for fellowship - if you're going, or even still considering it, please "post up" - it looks like Saturday will be my only full day there, BUT i'll be glad to come down Thursday or Friday nite for opportunities to establish or renew acquaitances... and I might be able to provide lodging if requested...Second, the 14th Annual Karitos "Arts-in-Worship" conference, seminar, and workshops, are July 31-August 2 - more details and highlights of previous years' events are easily found at www.karitos.com - I'm on the planning committee, and have been involved for the last 6 or 7 years - definitely an eye-opening experience! And, as with WizWorld, I might be able to provide lodging if requested...Questions? Comments? Testimonials from those of you who've attended in the past? Post them HERE for review and response, please... Looking forward to all of it...

You need to be a member of CCAS - Christian Comic Arts Society to add comments!

Join CCAS - Christian Comic Arts Society

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• George,

Justice Carmon here (tall goateed geek from Wheaton - we met through Karitos event) Are there any plans for a worship service on Sunday - seems not, but you had mentioned this happened at one Con before. I'd love any opportunity to talk about he parallels between the Gospel and the superhero genre (just got ordained).

I'd like to find a way to help as I wander in - my second cousin, not a Believer, but is a fine up and coming artist: Diana Nock is her name.
    • no service scheduled that i'm aware of - we ran one for over 10 years, but as i took a sabbatical, no one who stepped forward could keep it going - give me a call - 773-425-1766, to set up a meet at the show and possible other present and future options.... and thanx...
      • I will George! Glad to see you are still with us. Let's see what the Lord will deliver into our hands on this!
This reply was deleted.