CHRISTIAN COMIC ARTS SOCIETY :: A NETWORK OF CHRISTIAN FELLOWSHIP FOR COMICS FANS, PROS, AND AMATEURS
http://recastweb.com/media/GuestSpeakers/Greg_Arthur_04_20_08.MP3Speaking of terminology...I figured out why there is this huge fight amoung God's children over who is God's child or not...there's two much lingo without any proper explination! We have no definition really of 'salvation' or 'faith' since all of us expect them to be so simple! Well back to square one:Is 'faith' our trust in God's character (then what about C.S Lewis arguing for the existense of alien lifeforms saying 'We can't map out God's personality), or in his overal presence in our universe?and,Is salvation and 'born again' the same thing?I know being born again means in general, returning humanity to its once three-part form Body, Soul, and Spirit. Sin caused our spirits to 'die,' and offering the other two back to Jesus 'ressurects' our spirits though it never existed until then. That makes us God's children again, but does it makes us 'saved?' I don't see any other requirements missing-were his Children by creation, soldiers in the Spirit, slaves to his priorities above that of any human's...The thing is, the latter two arent of God's making, but our own. We have very little knowledge of this new spirit in us, just that it belongs to God and he interacts with it...Can we manipulate this spirit in any way shape or form, how do we use it, and is this new part of us really our passport to heaven?Back to faith...if faith is merely trusting God's actions as those of "Love," which interestingly is defined by God, what happens if but for a second we stop trustin God and die the next second? Does God just kill that spirit so we have to be 'born again' twice to regain that spirit? Wouldn't that conflict with the lesson of God punishing Moses for striking the rock twice (It's in Peter I believe|)? Can God just reject his own Children? If you think about it, the Prodicial Son story could also just mean Humanity in general, seeing that sin doesn't mean taking God's inheretance from us... I'd pefer to keep the discussion on these terminologies of the scripture and not start on demonational doctrines because those could come from false Jesus's...and worshipping the Jesus of your choice is the same thing as idolarity and following an AntiChrist (though some scooby-snack phrases aren't all that bad like the AntiChrist, since that exact word isn't in the Bible...and 'Bible' isn't the Bible)....I feel however our spirits and inheritance to God's Kingdom are perminant without the constant unwavering trust he'd like us to have...Jesus blood washes off our sins, be we cant wash off his blood...it's really the ONLY part to being a 'Christian' that doesn't make us a 'religion' and makes it far superior to any and all the religions humans can come up with

You need to be a member of CCAS - Christian Comic Arts Society to add comments!

Join CCAS - Christian Comic Arts Society

Email me when people reply –