CHRISTIAN COMIC ARTS SOCIETY :: A NETWORK OF CHRISTIAN FELLOWSHIP FOR COMICS FANS, PROS, AND AMATEURS

Hello All Just Joined

Just joined ccas and wanted to let you all know that i'm excited about sharing my work. I hope you will all visit my blog at http://snowtigers-fanciful-tails.blogspot.com/ I try to use my art to bring forward thoughts about God in my own words. Hope you all enjoy.

group shot.jpg

You need to be a member of CCAS - Christian Comic Arts Society to add comments!

Join CCAS - Christian Comic Arts Society

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Is that mouse a character from MouseGuard? Or your own? Either way....Awesome work! Welcome Leon!
    • Thanks Michael, Tiberius is based on the style of Mouse Guard but he is my own character and he is part of a group called the HighGuard, they use sparrows as mounts like knights. I kind of based their organization on the Templars.
      • Be careful on that basing stuff...it can blow a lotta nerves (of the origionators) really quick!
        • I know this is semantics, but if you noticed I said based on the "style" not "on" mouse guard:) If you think about it how many people have learned and based their own styles off of someone, a good example would be Frank Frazetta:).
          • Well one would say Doug Tenapple based his style partly off of Watterson and partly off of Eisner, but that's what I wanted to warn you about...copying a style, and using the same element in that syle (that being a mouse and using the word 'guard'), wouldn't be protected even under grounds of satire, which I don't think is what you're going at. Learning from styles is ok, but copying them isn't smiled upon until you're actually working from them, in fact I've heard of a company that wouldn't even hire people if they saw 'their style' in the student's portfolio! They wanted to see your style, to know if youre drawing skills were well enough to learn theirs (they used templates anyway I found out :P )!
  • Thanks so much I hope i'll be able to contribute, please visit my blog when you have the chance:)
    • Sorry, I meant I AM enjoying it! We should colliborate sometime!
  • I do enjoy! Welcome!
This reply was deleted.