CHRISTIAN COMIC ARTS SOCIETY :: A NETWORK OF CHRISTIAN FELLOWSHIP FOR COMICS FANS, PROS, AND AMATEURS

getting known

Are there places I should be submitting my strip? I dont really care about getting publish... what I do is not really newspaper worthy or compatible BUT if there are christian publications that would like use my material free of charge... well I want to be found.

You need to be a member of CCAS - Christian Comic Arts Society to add comments!

Join CCAS - Christian Comic Arts Society

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• dont think my stuff would fit in the bible?
    • it might make for a nice webcomic bookmark to use with the Bible.
  • There is such a thing as "Christian publications?" And here I thought Christians just read the Bible.
  • I'd suggest focusing with online exposure to start with.

Set up a specific blog for your strip either on blogspot ( www.blogger.com ) or use ComicPress ( http://mindfaucet.com/comicpress/ ), a type of blogging set-up that works through Wordpress - check out www.PrayerPups.com for an example of that.

You could also try setting one up at www.onlinecomics.net. I'm not too famliar with how that one works, but I belive it offers free comic hosting.
    • Thanks yes I do this already. fishwitz.com is my comic wordpress site.
      That is working nicely.
      • OH yeah! there is also www.cyberlightcomics.com . A site for free online christian comics for all skill levels and formats. The more exposure, the better, I say!
        Cyberlight Comics : Glorifying God
        • WOw another great site. I have submitted my work here too. Thank you!
  • There is also the possibility of running your comic strip in any local small newspaper or magazine, such as a shopper or entertainment weekly. Depends upon how open they are to Christian content.
    • I might give this a shot. When I improve my confidence.
  • Go to www.megazeenonline.com This is a small press, christian comic anthology mag/comic. They take online submissions for web comics and also for printing in thier comic. I have every issue they put out. Comic or comic strips in any style or format has been welcome. They also have online comics to read. So do some reading, maybe purchase a few issuses to see what kind of content they are looking for. They publish 4 times a year or so. They don't pay artist so you have to be willing to submit for free. But you can gain exposure and experience.
    The mag is regular comic size so maybe submitting 3 or more strips at a time would be best suited for you.
This reply was deleted.