CHRISTIAN COMIC ARTS SOCIETY :: A NETWORK OF CHRISTIAN FELLOWSHIP FOR COMICS FANS, PROS, AND AMATEURS
I know it's a dumb question for most of you but I really don't know how being disabeled an all...these characters are my only contribution in my life...not only are they more likable and sociable than I am, they're more my companions than any human I've known to date [no offense, mon amie(what's that in plural?)], save my papa. So basically if God takes them away I'll be right in the position Job was in the first round...I don't want anyone (or 'anything' to the ones who're creeped out by my stating my characters are as real as persons) else to replace them either! Yet, has anyone else gotten over this?

You need to be a member of CCAS - Christian Comic Arts Society to add comments!

Join CCAS - Christian Comic Arts Society

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• I'm not sure I'm in a position to offer advice, as I have not developed characters at that stage yet. Nor am I qualified to launch into a Bible study of Job; I will leave that for our more learned brothers and sisters.

I don't see anything odd about fictional characters seeming to take on a life of their own. The stories of Pygmalion and Pinnochio are illustrations of man's seeming ability to bring his creations to life. Many of us have, uh, ahem, I mean, had as kids, that's right, in the past sense, stuffed animals and toys, ahem, I mean, "action figures", to which we attached names and personalities to keep us company, uh, I mean, KEPT us company and interact- interacted- with us, ahem. ; )

The fear of loss is why so many of us hold back from surrendering all we have to God. Most people know this fear by the time they reach midlife and look back upon all they have accumulated: relationships, families, careers, possessions, skills, status and recognition. They read the news, look ahead and see all the pitfalls and snares that the future can conceal. Recent college shootings are a good example of how quickly a family can experience unfathomable loss.

We already know we will eventually lose everything that is of this earth. Even with the best of genes and medical technology, our bodies won't last nearly as long as those doodads we see on Antiques Roadshow. Our knowledge, creativity and understanding can be lost in an instant to such brain trauma as a stroke, or a blow to the head.

If loss is an unavoidable part of life, why surrender everything to God now? It is the beginning of building trust and destroying anxiety.
    • The thing is I feel that I've already lost them...Since I can't use them for God or for the enjoyment of other humans.... I hate both flaws, reality, talking (out loud), and most other interactions like staring, so my social life has been abysimal up to the present...and I can't come to like interacting with anyone knowing they've also done or viewed anything sinful and haven't repented or even cared about it...So I don't have much expirience to gather from to write anything worthwhile....Meaning I can't share my characters and their worlds with others since I don't really have any characters or worlds they'd want to know about since I hate the other characters and worlds they would want to...
      • At this point I am not sure that your biggest problem is loss, or the fear of loss. Hatred isn't doing you much good, either. This is a situation that requires "letting go and letting God", as we old fogeys say.
        • I don't want to hate everyone just because I'm led to only sin by witnessing their society...but I can only give as much reaction as you said your friend had and I take in much less than that! I wish I could tell someone that could actually help...but them always want me to tell them "in person," like I'm going to read from a "script" or something....
          • BTW this is the nearest Christian minister I have found online that specializes in Asperger's. This lady is in San Diego and might be able to refer you to a specific ministry in your area.

http://www.journeychristianministries.org/Staff.html
            JOURNEYCHRISTIANMINISTRIES.ORG
            • You are now my mom. ThanksThanksThanksThanksThanksThanksThanksThanksThanks
              ThanksThanksThanksThanksThanksThanksThanksThanksThanks
              ThanksThanksThanksThanksThanksThanksThanksThanksThanks
              ThanksThanksThanksThanks!
              • You are quite welcome, but all thanks and praise belongs to God, our spiritual Mother and Father.

Was this office able to help you, or did they refer you to someone in your metro area?
                • Not yet...I hope they aren't too old fasioned and Dr Dobson-like... I'd be just as stuck as I am now...
      • then you START over...only this time, take a break and ask God to reveal what it is that He would like to say and accomplish through you. It seems that most everyone here is here and doing what it is they are doing or trying to do , because God stirred their hearts.

Take a break. Start over. Let God move you IN HIS TIME. For some of us , it has taken years to obey His calling. When the time it right God will let you know.
        • what am I supposed to do until then? I still can't socialize with people in this city or learn anything I don't aready know from eavesdropping (well the hallways do echo pretty loudly)...I can't even talk to my father when he's watching stuff like Mel Brooks films an all that...where can I go to find PBSKids-Friendly people who're a insightful as Brad Bird. Chuck Jones, maybe even Spielburh or someone like that?
This reply was deleted.