CHRISTIAN COMIC ARTS SOCIETY :: A NETWORK OF CHRISTIAN FELLOWSHIP FOR COMICS FANS, PROS, AND AMATEURS

need for prayer and advice

got the chance of one of the top comic book artists in the world to do the cover for jesse's story but he wants $500 to do it if it was anyone else besides pablo marcos id dismiss the idea but i really feel this is the answer. offering ad space for anyone now

You need to be a member of CCAS - Christian Comic Arts Society to add comments!

Join CCAS - Christian Comic Arts Society

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• I think u should commission someone from this site! there are worthy artist that are more than quailified to do your cover. they just need references and your imput on what u would like to see. also at half the price and a right to be seen by others. just some advice from another brother in the lord. BAP out!
    • lord knows i tried getting someone from here but got nowhere and i really wanted a known name in the secular comics industry that could give me the wow factor art work wise and pablos one of the best
      • I respect your opintion, but I still think you should commission someone from this site. What kind of artist are you looking for? Pablos is good artist but their are others who are talented as he. I think you should pray for the right artist and be sure to offer them an oppertunity to grow with you as an artist. You never know that relationship could grow you in christ. Would it be better to work with another to build each other in the faith. But anyways thats just my heart felt opintion. I'll be praying for u that the lord will show you the right direction to go. God bless, BAP out!!!
      • I agree with that. If you get a known artistic entity, you'll also attract other pros to the product, editors and so forth, just by virtue of his name recognition and known style. I would mow lawns, sell caricatures-- whatever you have to do to raise the 500. Perhaps you could sell a few things on ebay. That would be the quickest route. I think it would be worth it to you. I love your style and it deserves the best chance in a competitive market. Pray for the 500 of course, but God gave you a brain and a talent for storytelling, and you must apply that to areas of finance (in addition to hoping for a miracle). He will inspire you and I think wants his children to be savvy and strategic in their choices.
  • I like one idea that was posed. Just wait. You don't need all this money right now. The GN isn't even done yet. You should save up.
  • i wasnt planning on any ad space at all till pablo came up in my heart adn soul to ask for his help he is catholic and the ministry is catholic ministry at least under the catholic church but all denoms are involved in it from assemblies of god to mennonites to baptists
  • Don't sweat the money thing. You've got all the money in the world....that God wants to give you. If it's in Gods plan, He'll open some doors or give a great idea on how to raise funds. Hmmmm...are you charging for ad space?
This reply was deleted.