CHRISTIAN COMIC ARTS SOCIETY :: A NETWORK OF CHRISTIAN FELLOWSHIP FOR COMICS FANS, PROS, AND AMATEURS

Replies

• Incidently, I know there are Christian book conventions, but is there such thing as a Christian comic convention?
    • For a second there I thought you said you knew there were Christian Comicbook conventions! There might be but if there is they aren't big yet... then again I haven't put those words in google yet... hmmm.
  • Also be aware that manga and anime stuff will be all over the place at conventions. Jcons or not. Some conventions have a kids day where they emphizes more kids stuff but the mature stuff is still all around. I personally wouldn't bring kids to a convention. Older teens, sure. But a parent should determine if their teen is mature and grounded enough not to be easily influenced by the garbage they can potentially see. Thats my opinion.

When I go, I have a game plan of what I want to see and what I want to buy. I use the "user guides" provided at the SDCC, to their fullest. I map out the vendors I want to see and make time time for any panels or disscussions I might want to sit in. I walk around quickly and avoid stopping at most of the booths not on my list.
    Check online for exibitors and vendors. make a list of what you plan on seeing and potentially buying.
    I don't buy t-shirts or toys. Mostly I hunt down art books that I can use for inspiration and referances.

And the most important thing to remember......BRING......... YOUR............ OWN ..........LUNCH! lol
  • Thank you all for your help. I'll check that website you suggested. when I said it can't be a jcon i meant it had to have american comics. My parents don't like manga and anime.
    • The Megacon in Florida is coming in a week or so...if thats your part on the world.
  • you know I really dont know. All i know of is comic con in sandiego in july and the one thats in LA but im not sure when that one is. sorry my friend but im not the one to ask. Im sure you can find out on line somewere ill let you know if i see anything
  • What's a jcon?

You can go to comicbookconventions.com and look under their listing for cons.
    Comic Book Conventions | Convention News, Comic-Con, Comic Book Show, Wizard World, and more
    If you are looking for comic book conventions, a comic book show, comic book convention news, news about Comic-Con International in San Diego, Wizard…
  • I don't know of anything in the spring, but on father's day weekend the Heroes Convention is in Charlotte, NC
    It ain't San Diego, but it is a good show
    • Heroes has been around for a long time. I went in the eighties and was impressed by it. Must be huge by now.
This reply was deleted.