CHRISTIAN COMIC ARTS SOCIETY :: A NETWORK OF CHRISTIAN FELLOWSHIP FOR COMICS FANS, PROS, AND AMATEURS

Replies

• When I first started getting interested in doing comics I found that most Christian comics were Self published. Some people tried to get there own company started but most never got off the ground. There is-

Zondervan; they have a line of manga based graphic novels.

Communitycomics.com is one of the first real Christian comicbook companies that is still around.

Megazeen.com has resouces for helping you self publish.

Thats all that I know of for print.

But don't let that limit you.

My advice is to go to your local Christian bookstore. Go to the teen or young adult and even the fiction sections or childrens books. Pick a number of books (novels) and open the front covers and jot down the names of the publishers. Google search the companies and visit the websites if any. Research the audience they are trying to reach and write your comics accordingly. Then send submissions. You'll find that many Christian "book" publishers are or have entertained the idea of publishing comics or graphic novels but quality and family value based messages are rare to find.

Some book publishers may be waiting for the right material.

Give it a shot. At least you'll know that you would have tried all options to getting your comics picked up by a large publishing company.

Judging from the quality of work you've put up so far, I don't see you having a hard time finding someone interested. And all it takes is one company to believe in you and your work.
    If I was a publishing company ,I would be very interested in the work you've put on display.

Like any submission, work on your opening pitch and theme. Don't overwhelm an editor with tons of pages. Make a 6 or so page " pitch ". Along with a 1 page intro to you and your comic.
    Also have a large majority of your comic done ( pencils, ink and coloring). Chances are if thay are interested, they will want to see a completed version. Most likely Graphic Novel size.

If that don't work....self publish.

I plan on doing all this someday when I'm ready with my own work. Someday. I hope this gives you something to ponder.

Go. Make. Do.
This reply was deleted.