CHRISTIAN COMIC ARTS SOCIETY :: A NETWORK OF CHRISTIAN FELLOWSHIP FOR COMICS FANS, PROS, AND AMATEURS

Greetings from a Newbie

I have just found this site thanks to an invitation from one of its members. What a great collection of Christian cartoonists/illustrators et al!My name is Karl Zorowski, (AKA Pastor Z) and I've been a cartoonist as long as I can remember, having had my first toon published in a college newspaper in 1979. In 2001 I began a new cartoon venture called "Church Mice" which was to be a comic strip about church and Christianity. I had originally planned to try to make a lot of money with it, but God had other plans and turned it into a worldwide ministry. The Mice are now part of church bulletins in countries all over the world, and have even been used to help teach English to Taiwanese orphans in a monastery in China.I am the pastor of a two-point charge in the United Methodist Church, NC Conference. My calling to the ministry and the birth of Church Mice all happened about the same time, so I have no doubt where the comic came from. I am married to a professional clown and we have two wonderful daughters: a 3 yr-old and an 8 month-old.I look forward to this online fellowship with others who see a need to take God's gift of cartooning and use it to point people back to Him.

You need to be a member of CCAS - Christian Comic Arts Society to add comments!

Join CCAS - Christian Comic Arts Society

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Pastor Z, you mentioned, "I had originally planned to try to make a lot of money." You became a pastor and an artist, and your wife is an entertainer? I hate to break it to you, but unless one of you is about to graduate from Harvard Law or M.I.T., it ain't gonna happen. : D

I think you summed it up well in the last line. Cartooning, for us, has to be a means to an end.
  • Hi Pastor Z,
    Welcome to the CCAS!
    You know I'm always pleased to meet a pastor, because my comic book has two of them in the story and I can bug you about pastor stuff later, j/k. ;-)
    Anyway, welcome again and I hope you will share your work with us, and that you will enjoy looking at ours as well!
    Beloved by Grace,
    Souba
  • Welcome to the group! I checked out your website and I think your cartoons are fantastic!

Rob
  • Welcome, Pastor Z!
  • And a second greetings to you-you who are the first I know to be married to a professional clown!
This reply was deleted.