CHRISTIAN COMIC ARTS SOCIETY :: A NETWORK OF CHRISTIAN FELLOWSHIP FOR COMICS FANS, PROS, AND AMATEURS

Groups for Comics Genres?

It's probably just me but wouldn't it be better to organize topics about comics in general into the differenty subcategories such as romance, action, fantasy, etc. so that people who are offended by such categories don't have to find them in the forum or other groups on CCAS?

You need to be a member of CCAS - Christian Comic Arts Society to add comments!

Join CCAS - Christian Comic Arts Society

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Yes, I was just about to add a photo (gif) of Manga Messiah to the discussion DinoDon
  • It can be a good idea. Indeed we're talking about comics but there's different sort of comics (or manga) There's action comic's (like christina cheek, Clint Deron Johnson ), there's biblical comics (like anne cameron )...
  • Everyone,
    Hopefully this can be somewhat helpful. I am the guy who approves photos (meaning illustrations,
    sketches, drawings, video clips, comics and photos) for this site. I have actually only disapproved of a very small number because I felt they were in bad taste and inappropriate for this site. That doesn't mean they can't be posted on some other web site. Another issue here is uploading photos that have the wrong file format. They should be jpegs or gifs.

As far as the separate discussion groups for different genre that is a good idea and I'd have to give that over to Geoff Strout who is the web master for consideration and possible implementation.

DinoDon
  • "...AND THE @#$%#@ SITE WON'T LET ME!"
    Are they appropraite photos for this site, though? Mine have to be approved also.
    And using @#$%#@ to censor curse words on a Christian website still allows children to "think" of what curse words you might have intended to use. I let my 8 & 11 year olds look here on this site because it is presumed to be safe, but this is the type of activity that may cause me to block it out of my houshold from now on. With me being a Christian father allowing my kids to read this puts my testimony into question for others and my children.

But to the subject at hand...yeah, it would be cool to have sections break off into manga, sci-fi, romance, western, superhero, historical, etc...
    • Hi,cbgiles. I apologize for that. Reading it again; it sounds terrible tho the meaning was not my intention. I meant to voice my frustration but did it the wrong way. Again, I apologize.
      I came back to delete the post before anyone had read it but you beat me to it. I still tried to but I was not able to delete the post due to computer problems. The same problems that prevent me from posting photos. I 've been trying all day.

So in a last ditch effort, I deleted my profile. That seems to have worked.

To clarify, I don't have problems having my photos approved. My photos show up in the photo gallery just fine.

I am however unable to add photos to a blog and in forum and group discussions. Its obviously something wrong at my end since no one else seems to have that problem.
      • Thanks, Micheal.
  • I mean if anyone's into Romance comics, they can start a romance group for themselves. Likewise anyone who's a SciFi fan can have a Sci-Fi comics group that way everyone enjoys their own passions and hurts no one else in the process, right?
This reply was deleted.