CHRISTIAN COMIC ARTS SOCIETY :: A NETWORK OF CHRISTIAN FELLOWSHIP FOR COMICS FANS, PROS, AND AMATEURS
Hi all,I'm curious to hear thoughts and opinions about going about starting a web comic book. Up until now, I've put together four issues of my comic December Sun and listed them, along with sample pages, on my crummy free geocities site, and now I'm at the point of considering a paid domain - one with a little more control and fewer restrictions than geocities.But how does one get started with something like this? I think it would be fantastic to basically offer the entirety of a comic online for free, with the newest page appearing on the MAIN page, and a "Prev" option leading to past pages. Are there templates for things like this, or is it just assumed that the person putting together the site either 1) paid some web design pro on the setup, or 2) has a considerable web design background and knows how to do all this stuff already?I'd love to find out more about how to get started, and maybe hear from some others who have done this, and see some samples too.Thanks, and Happy Thanksgiving everyone!Rob

You need to be a member of CCAS - Christian Comic Arts Society to add comments!

Join CCAS - Christian Comic Arts Society

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Thank you! I'll look into Yahoo Sitebuilder.
    • I use 1 and 1 for my hosting and their tech support is excellent so defentely check them out to host your webcomic. But blessings on the whole webcomic thing :)
      • I've heard about 1 and 1, and they have some huge ads in PC magazines I've seen, so they must be doing ok.... :)
        I'll look into them more. Thanks!
  • There's a nice Wordpress template that a lot of webcomics are using, one specifically made for webcomics:

http://mindfaucet.com/comicpress/
    Index of /comicpress
    • Cool, thanks for the tip!
  • Get a free blog at wordpress or blogger, or somewhere. Use themes if you don't know how to write code. Sign up an image hosting account at photobucket or something. Post comic pages in blog. Free, easy, good looking, online comics! Wee!
    • That's a pretty cool link too! thanks Robert!
    • I've got a blogger page that I've gradually been turning into a web comic (http://decembersuncomic.blogspot.com), but I'm still not sure how to modify the blog so that it allows 'prev' and 'next' buttons, etc. Any idea where I can find templates specifically for a comic/cartoon on blogger?

Thanks for the reply!
      December Sun
      Comics, Art and Writing by Rob Marsh
      • Other than just googling, I don't know about templates. Personally I'd just make my own html template to add to each post. Buttons are pretty simple.
  • Rob, I just wrote an article about exactly what you are asking about and what platform I chose to host my webcomic after months of research. Read the article here.
This reply was deleted.