CHRISTIAN COMIC ARTS SOCIETY :: A NETWORK OF CHRISTIAN FELLOWSHIP FOR COMICS FANS, PROS, AND AMATEURS

ive pretty much given up the race the war etc

every time i sit here at this computer looking over the project I think why am i still here?I mean of everyone I probably screwed up my life more than most> There are many men and women of God who have gone on at a young age some due to aids and I think to myself I slept with so many why was i spared my life has been a joke> I have a project that will be drawn and finished but have no idea if it will ever see the light of day. There are some people i look back in the past and say they should be here alive and healthy doing gods work and it should be me in the ground.before anyone panics Im not suicidal just right now dont feel like running the race fighting the fight yadda yadda yadda anymore

You need to be a member of CCAS - Christian Comic Arts Society to add comments!

Join CCAS - Christian Comic Arts Society

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Congratulations on your movie deal, Geoff. Gods blessing you. You really are like Gideon. You keep trying to quit but God keeps making you succeed. I wish i had that problem. LOL
    • one of my fellow writers on jesses story just joined this forum so if u get the chance please welcome thomas nelson comcs and zvan manga bible writer js earls
  • so anyone else also reading this i have no clue what my hiv status is its been ages since ive been tested but not as long since my last fall last time it was negative
    btw mike I need a mailind address for you so i can send you xerox copies of frans work so you can see what they look like since aaron and u are next btw hope aaron told u lol
  • Geoff, I've noticed that no matter how much encouragement your offered you always seem to be in a funk. Everywhere you post, on every forum, you seem to give the same speech about wanting to quit and being discouraged. I know what its like to feel crummy and have people quoting verses to you like thats gonna solve everything (No Offense to all of you doing this. Keep it up, Please) But obviously there is a deeper issue here, one that, for whatever reason, you don't want to share, which is totally cool. You may not even realize you have this issue. You may need someone else to point it out to you. In anycase, if you don't get it figured out and give it to God, you will end up giving up. There are some great people trying to help you, but you have to let them.:)
    • right now i am feeling like this cause i am wondering about my hiv status so with all of my health problems and none ever seem to be going away i think i have a right to feel at least for a short time how i am feeling while trying to figure out what to do next. get tested will be a priority
  • When we feel weak or tired that is the best time to turn to God, that time among many, is when God wants us to come to him on our knees, Geoff. I understand how you feel, there are times in my own life that I can relate to, though I didn't sleep with anyone till I was married, I have done some awful things in my own life and wonder, why has God allowed me to have what I have, be doing what I am doing? But, you must remember, God sees us through his eyes, which are not our own, he sees us with love, understanding and mercy, and most of all, forgiveness. It's easy for God to forgive us when we ask it and mean it in our heart, but it is the trial of forgiving ourselves that is the hardest of everything. Do not let Satan in to thwart what God has you doing for him, DO NOT allow him ANY small victory over you, because all you have to do is go to God, tis that simple, but not always so easy to do given our human pride and arrogance. You are a brother in Christ to me, and for all it's worth...lol... just go talk to Daddy ^^. God Bless you Geoff, I will be praying for you, brother, remember the trials that the Lord allows us to go through strengthens us in ways we don't see now, but the rewards will be greater and this will allow God to work through you for something much more in the future, trust and have faith, even if it is that of a mustard seed, brother, for God is always with you and you can do all things in the Lord. God Bless!

Christina
  • We are all in this together my friend... remember that we all have a role in the scheme of things and that He does NOT make mistakes... Continue having faith that He has everything in motion and for purposes perhaps we are unaware of or have not begun to imagine or even fathom... things happen all around us. If we are spared other's fates, there is a reason. If we succumb to an illness ourselves or a mental, physical or metaphysical setback, there is a reason. Those times where it seems we can not overcome obstacles set before us in our lives, we must remember that God would NOT put anything before us that we can not overcome. We have the one thing that those "of the world" do NOT have... and that is the all-powerful creator of everything... and He has our back! I don't know about you, but to me, that's simply awe inspiring and humbling. To think that someone would sacrifice so much for me and ask so little of me in return simply dumbfounds me. To know that I've been blessed with a life that I felt I would never see. I have not had the lifetime of happiness, hopes and the typical family values "Leave It To Beaver" life... to say the least... but I am grateful to still be here fighting the fight... striving to better myself as well as those around me... searching for that purpose in life that I've been spared long enough to search for. I pray you understand where I'm coming from and can take a shimmer of that to light your path. We are HERE for a reason... NEVER lose sight of that my friend. (that's my two cents worth)
This reply was deleted.