CHRISTIAN COMIC ARTS SOCIETY :: A NETWORK OF CHRISTIAN FELLOWSHIP FOR COMICS FANS, PROS, AND AMATEURS
Prophesy News Watch update: Cometarticle:A New Light In Our Sky - What Does It Mean?We’ve watched the sky for signs throughout history; full moons, eclipses, comets and meteors have been the basis for many omens and beliefs. Whether these signs were considered good omens or bad omens depended on the culture, location and events occurring at the time. Comets, with their motion said to be directed by the hands of ancient angry gods, have had a particularly bad reputation in our history for being a harbinger of doom or an impending menace to the universe. So with fascination I read of Comet 17/P Holmes suddenly brightening this week, astounding astronomers and becoming visible with only the naked eye. A article in New Scientist tells us that Comet Holmes has brightened by a factor of a million in 24 hours and according to David Morrison, senior scientist at the NASA Astrobiology Institute in Moffett Field, California, “This is equivalent to the planet Saturn suddenly becoming as bright as the Full Moon.” And in an article from Yahoo News, Brian Marsden, director emeritus of the Minor Planet Center, which tracks known comets and asteroids, has stated, "This is a terrific outburst. And since it doesn't have a tail right now, some observers have confused it with a nova. We've had at least two reports of a new star." And comet expert John Bortle has said that the head of the comet could continue to grow in size and may possibly reach the apparent size of the moon in our sky. I stepped outside last night with a pair of binoculars and could easily distinguish Comet Holmes from the other lights in the sky, it appears as an orangey glow in the North East sky. As I know prophecies and omens often speak of signs from the sky I began searching for what this means beyond the scientific debates and the confusion of the experts, I wanted to know what the people thought. And although the mainstream media does not seem to be addressing this perplexing glow in the night sky, the news is spreading rapidly across the forums and Internet discussion boards. Science tells us that the comet is heading away from us, but cannot explain why it has suddenly brightened. Although there are many theories of why we can’t see the tail of the comet, many are speculating that we can’t see the tail because the comet is heading towards earth. Most do not believe it will hit earth, but think we may be due for an amazing sky show as the months pass. Others feel that this close encounter will change us as a society. The signifigance of why Comet Holmes has appeared in the Perseus constellation has also raised many questions. In Greek mythology Perseus was the first of the mythic heroes and was credited with killing the Gorgon, Medusa. In the constellation, Perseus is said to be holding the head of Medusa in his left hand and many are stating that Comet Holmes has appeared in the area of Medusa’s third eye, signifying an awakening of evil, grief and doom. The comet appeared next to the star Algol, which is considered to be the head of Satan. Some have suggested that this light in the sky is man-made and is leading to a scenario laid out for us by Wernher Von Braun in the 70s and Canadian journalist Serge Monast in the 90s of a faked alien invasion called Project Blue Beam. Braun, the former director of NASA's Marshall Space Flight Center, explained to his assistant before his death in 1977, that the government had planned to lead us into a cold war, a war of rogue nations, global terrorism and then a faked alien invasion in order to keep the people fearful and the war budget funded. Some are quoting the Bible and speak of the dragon being thrown to the earth, bringing with him one third of the stars from the heavens. Others state this comet is a sign from God that the fateful and alert will recognize, as it has been predicted to herald the beginning of great changes. Nostradamus has been mentioned, along with his prediction of a great and terrifying King descending from the sky. And the Hopi Indian prophecy of the Blue Kachina star bringing the Fifth World into existence has also been discussed. Some have implied that this comet will continue to behave erratically, eventually garnishing attention from the mainstream media and will cause great fear to spread across the globe. Others believe it is not a comet at all, but something new under the sun and that when the experts are able to define it, they will have to admit many mistakes about the nature of the Universe. A few believers of the “not a comet” idea think that we are watching the birth of a new planet and still others contend that it may be our galactic siblings coming for an introduction. Some have suggested that the reason for Comet Holmes sudden brightening means it was impacted by an asteroid or that NASA shot an explosive device into it as they did with the Tempel Comet in 2005. Many are questioning the coincidence of the Space Shuttle launch ocurring within hours of the sudden change in appearance of the comet. And others have implied that sending a comet into the earth, and guiding it as was practiced with Comet Tempel, would achieve the New World Order agenda of depopulation without the messiness of a nuclear bomb. While reading as much as I could on Comet Holmes the most interesting thing I discovered is how little coverage this anomaly is receiving. Although this comet is not new, its explosion of light is unusual and I am confused as to why the major news outlets have yet to report this story. Could it be that since the experts don’t understand what is ocurring, the decision makers don’t want to cause fear? Whether Comet Holmes continues to grow and brighten or simply fades out of sight and mind, no one seems to know, including the experts, so take a look and be amazed.What do you all think, is it one of the signs that God talks about or just another comet in the sky?

You need to be a member of CCAS - Christian Comic Arts Society to add comments!

Join CCAS - Christian Comic Arts Society

Email me when people reply –