CHRISTIAN COMIC ARTS SOCIETY :: A NETWORK OF CHRISTIAN FELLOWSHIP FOR COMICS FANS, PROS, AND AMATEURS

Name your credentials...

Take a moment and let everyone know how the Lord has blessed you with opportunities to showcase your abilities in which He has bestowed upon ya.I'll get it started...Mine are as follows... leaving out a few here and there which always happens... lol.mine can be found here: http://www.jessehansen.com/credits.htm

You need to be a member of CCAS - Christian Comic Arts Society to add comments!

Join CCAS - Christian Comic Arts Society

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• With the current trend away from print media and towards purely digital publishing, perhaps you'll find it much easier to do that in the near future, Hal.
  • Yeah. I would REALLY have loved to see that continue. The second issue was in development but I couldn't get enough people interested in participating. I wanted to spotlight a lot more individual Christian comic creators and their work, as well as ministries that utilize or are connected to the arts. One thing G.I.R. sought to do was to showcase fine art, poetry, and other forms of art along side comics, showing that they are all in the arts and all are subject to Christ's Lordship,if they are to be used properly.

Calvary Comics said:
    I'm glad you published that GRAVEN IMAGES REDEEMED one-shot way back when, Hal! It was nice to see the variety of Christian artists in there.

And for those who don't know, Hal has been a tremendous help to me in that he has formatted all of my books into Quark prior to printing--for which I'm very thankful, brother!

Alec
  • I'm glad you published that GRAVEN IMAGES REDEEMED one-shot way back when, Hal! It was nice to see the variety of Christian artists in there.

And for those who don't know, Hal has been a tremendous help to me in that he has formatted all of my books into Quark prior to printing--for which I'm very thankful, brother!

Alec
  • Just a run down, Alec. No brag, just fact... and very little of this was a POSITIVE experience. If I weren't doing it for Christ, I wouldn't be doing it at all.

Calvary Comics said:
    The apostle Paul pretty much annihilates the whole concept of "credentials" as having any relation to that which is of eternal value in Christ Jesus. See what he says in Philippians 3:4-11:
    "Though I might also have confidence in the flesh. If any other man thinketh that he hath whereof he might trust in the flesh, I more: circumcised the eighth day, of the stock of Israel, of the tribe of Benjamin, an Hebrew of the Hebrews; as touching the law, a Pharisee; concerning zeal, persecuting the church; touching the righteousness which is in the law, blameless. But what things were gain to me, those I counted loss for Christ. Yea doubtless, and I count all things but loss for the excellency of the knowledge of Christ Jesus my Lord: for Whom I have suffered the loss of all things, and do count them but dung, that I may win Christ, and be found in Him, not having mine own righteousness, which is of the law, but that which is through the faith of Christ, the righteousness which is of God by faith, that I may know Him, and the power of His resurrection, and the fellowship of His sufferings, being made conformable unto His death, if by any means I might attain unto the resurrection of the dead."
  • The apostle Paul pretty much annihilates the whole concept of "credentials" as having any relation to that which is of eternal value in Christ Jesus. See what he says in Philippians 3:4-11:

"Though I might also have confidence in the flesh. If any other man thinketh that he hath whereof he might trust in the flesh, I more: circumcised the eighth day, of the stock of Israel, of the tribe of Benjamin, an Hebrew of the Hebrews; as touching the law, a Pharisee; concerning zeal, persecuting the church; touching the righteousness which is in the law, blameless. But what things were gain to me, those I counted loss for Christ. Yea doubtless, and I count all things but loss for the excellency of the knowledge of Christ Jesus my Lord: for Whom I have suffered the loss of all things, and do count them but dung, that I may win Christ, and be found in Him, not having mine own righteousness, which is of the law, but that which is through the faith of Christ, the righteousness which is of God by faith, that I may know Him, and the power of His resurrection, and the fellowship of His sufferings, being made conformable unto His death, if by any means I might attain unto the resurrection of the dead."
  • Hi, I'm Hal Jones and I've been doing comics awhile, now. My credits include:

1985 - Tales of Terror #10 - Eclipse - 5 pg. story, The Submission - writer and penciller, Willie Blyberg inks.
    1986 Alternate Heroes #1 - Prelude Graphics - 32 pages - writer and artist. A second issue was produced but never published.
    1986 - 87 Jungle Comics featuring Sheena: Queen of the Jungle - Pencils, some inks, issues 1 & 2 (as Dragan Flaesc) rough layouts on issue #3. Written by Bruce Jones, inks by myself, Donnie Jupiter (Marquez), and Adrian Morrow.
    Mid '90's - Behold 3-D, ROX35 Comics, Writer, "Sir Rafeem", Art by Jeff Anderson and the Nestor Redondo Studios.
    May 1995 - Beyond Human #0 - Writer, artist.
    1997 (?) CCAS - New Creation - Writer, 5 page story, "Alienz" Scooter Tidwell, Artist
    1997 - Graven Images Redeemed - Publisher, Writer, Artist on story "Jesus Phreak" Illustrations on cover and throughout.
    2001 - Beyond Human Sketchbook - 64 pgs. - Writer and artist
    1997-2009 - Glory to God #s 1-3, Artist on 3 stories, "Amazing Grace", "What A Friend We Have In Jesus", and "Baptism of the Holy Spirit" Also contributed one pencil illustration of "The Road to Amaeus" and a painting of "The Transfiguration"
    2007 - Beyond Human: Spiritual Warfare online graphic novel - 106 pages of story and illustration were posted between Oct. 31, 2007 and May 2009 when I removed the story from Drunk Duck and started it's own site, where the material is currently being re-presented. Currently "The Preludes: Meet Jamie, Meet Aeric and Meet John" are up and "The Prophecy" has just begun. There is also Hal's Blog and Art and The Beyond Human Sketchbook is also in progress there.

http://www.haljonesbeyondhuman.com

And I've done a smattering of work for Jim Main (Illos for a T.H.U.N.D.E.R. Agents tribute, and art on a 6 pg. story, "Old Bill" for Boot Hill #2), Bob Sodaro with an 8 page "Enforcers" story as well as a T.H.U.D.E.R. Agents tribute piece for John Carbonaro''s passing, published in the 2009 San Diego Comic Con Program, and numerous little commissions; which I'm always up for.

I think that's about it. Did I mention that Issues 1 & 2 of Beyond Human, with The Preludes and The Prophecy, respectively, are available at http://www.indyplanet.com ?

Hal
  • How ya been Roland... been a loooong time... hope all is well with you and yours... give me a shout sometime... cadre@cadrecorner.com

Jesse

Roland Mann said:
    Hey All!
    A complete list of my written work is here:
    http://rolandmann.wordpress.com/bilio/
    highlights, though, are writer for CAT & MOUSE, MISS FURY, PLANET OF THE APES: BLOOD OF THE APES...more recently HUCK FINN GN, WIZARD OF OZ GN.
    Many also think of me for the editing I did with Malibu/Marvel. I edited such titles as: PROTECTORS, DINOSAURS FOR HIRE, EX-MUTANTS, Ultraverse titles: SLUDGE, PROTOTYPE, NIGHT MAN...and others.
    Good to see the turnout here!

Roland
  • Hey All!
    A complete list of my written work is here:
    http://rolandmann.wordpress.com/bilio/
    highlights, though, are writer for CAT & MOUSE, MISS FURY, PLANET OF THE APES: BLOOD OF THE APES...more recently HUCK FINN GN, WIZARD OF OZ GN.
    Many also think of me for the editing I did with Malibu/Marvel. I edited such titles as: PROTECTORS, DINOSAURS FOR HIRE, EX-MUTANTS, Ultraverse titles: SLUDGE, PROTOTYPE, NIGHT MAN...and others.
    Good to see the turnout here!

Roland
  • Creator, author, illustrator and colorist for The graphic novels:

Eye Witness: A fictional Tale of Absolute Truth
    Eye Witness: Acts of the Spirit
    Eye Witness: Rise of the Apostle
    Eye Witness: Unkown God (coming summer '10)

Back in the '90's I created and published a few secure sci/fi based comic titles:

Template (voted as one of the Ten Best Indy Comics of 1998 by the now defunct, Combo Mag.)
    Max Damage
    No Justice/No Piece ( a fundraising anthology for the CBLDF...which generated over $3k for the cause )

Get full details on all these works at my website: headpress.info
  • credentials? zilch.

been around the world - by plane, by boat, by motor vehicle ...lived in japan, guatemala, india...

guess that website for that language company in guatemala was totally awesome - and by great grace from God.
This reply was deleted.