CHRISTIAN COMIC ARTS SOCIETY :: A NETWORK OF CHRISTIAN FELLOWSHIP FOR COMICS FANS, PROS, AND AMATEURS

Name your credentials...

Take a moment and let everyone know how the Lord has blessed you with opportunities to showcase your abilities in which He has bestowed upon ya.I'll get it started...Mine are as follows... leaving out a few here and there which always happens... lol.mine can be found here: http://www.jessehansen.com/credits.htm

You need to be a member of CCAS - Christian Comic Arts Society to add comments!

Join CCAS - Christian Comic Arts Society

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Illustrator for:
    Apple of My Eye (Children's book- also did layout and design)

Hello World! Computer Programming for Kids and Other Beginners or here (apparently there's a German version! Wow. My pics are going all over the world. Would be nice if they gave me some credit for the work done. Grmble.)

The Bug Stops Here! (Comic - also did layout and design)

Other Comic Work

Other Book Work

p.s. Available!
    Books, Illustration, Illustrator, Graphics, Publishing Web Design, Ottawa, Ontario
    Books, Illustration, Graphics, publishing and web design. Simple, clean and to the point
  • Let's see- i think this is pretty much it:

creator of Heaven Forbid (also previously titled/subtitled meet@church and not getting religion) webcomic, soon to be a graphic novel series- still working out the publishing deal
    this also includes related self printed mini comics (like 5 or so now)

writer of the following graphic novels for abdo publications/magic wagon
    graphic shakespeare series:
    william shakespeare's king lear
    william shakespeare's a midsummer night's dream
    william shakespeare's the tempest
    graphic horror series
    dracula
    the picture of dorian gray

short stories, writing and writing/art for Antarctic Press series (from 2005-2009)
    pirates vs. ninjas one shots, which are collected in the "it takes a pillage" graphic novel
    ninja high school annual
    gold digger annuals and holiday specials

the above were art by rod espinosa, ben dunn, chris allen, cynthia martin, and kelsey shannon

2003-2007
    i've also done coloring assists and other production for various books by antarctic press (only clean titles, tho- i've tried to keep standards while working with secular groups) such as specter 7 other series listed above, abdo publications coloring for books like Peter Pan for which I did not write, and for marvel some pages of a couple issues of Marvel Adventures Spider-Man and Super Villain Team Up. there are probly others of these, too, that i'm not thinking about...

2006- cowrite/artist for a Vacation Bible School health related comic/activity curriculum for the San Antonio Baptist Association

2003- short stories for the megazeen and some online comics, including "Jerry the Werewolf"

2002- web comic "Life Quest"

i've also done art for church events, t-shirts, album covers, and concerts- but that's mostly been for stuff i was directly involved in
  • 1985 - present -- Archie Comic Publications (writer: Betty & Veronica, Betty, Archie, Jughead)
    1994 - 2004 -- Focus on the Family's BRIO magazine contributor ("Holly and the Ivy Halls" comic)
    ?? (forgot which years) -- contributor to Gospel Light Sunday Comic pages
    ?? (also forgot which years) -- Marvel Comics (penciller, Barbie comic)
    whenever needed -- Nate Butler Studios/Rox 35 Media (penciller, writer: various projects)
  • Hey Jesse, long time no hear ( like 1 week? :) Anyhoo, for those who don't know, my name's J.S. Earls and I'm a professional comic creator/writer. God's opened some pretty cool doors for me, namely...

STEVE ROPER & MIKE NOMAD syndicated strip (writer)
    THE SORROW Charity Comics/Paperbacks (creator/writer)
    PISTOLFIST Limited Series (creator/writer)
    Zondervan's MANGA BIBLE (editor/adapter)
    FRAMEWORKS anthology (creator)
    Ted Dekker's CIRCLE TRILOGY gn's (writer/adapter)
    Ted Dekker's upcoming YOUNG ADULT gn's (writer/adapter)

COMICSPACE: http://www.comicspace.com/pistolfist
    • yeah, and one day we'll get a chance to work together... lol... riiight?

was good chatting with ya last weekend bro... always a pleasure.
  • I guess I'll add to this -
    I currently do graphic design for a national insurance company - I get weird looks whenever I say that as most don't seem to think Insurance would have a lot of graphic arts needs. But I stay busy with contests, internal pubs, and sales materials. Before that, I was a graphic designer for an international automotive aftermarket supplier, and then before that I was with a Yearbook Publishing Company for a couple years. It's been a long, difficult journey - as most in this business can probably attest to. I learned a long time ago that being an artist (both professionally and freelance) is a large part of doing what other people want you to do and trying to make their ideas look nice. You can work on your own projects and be imaginative and creative all you want, but sadly this doesn't always pay the bills :)
    • *wierd look* LOL

Yeah, the good stuff hardly ever pays the bills. I guess thats where the passion comes in.
  • i Don't really have any yet. i'm still in the process of setting up various sites right now. I did just finish drawing some pics that will appear at the end of the movie "The Villikon Chronicles", so thats cool. I actually got that gig from ComicSpace so thats very cool. These sites really do work.:)
  • anyone else?
  • Well, don't have any links really, except for my deviant art page, which I linked under my website for now in profile, but I will list a few:

Medieval RPG book: Illustration/Character concept & design
    The Overcomers graphic novel series: Comic art, character concept & design, Cover illustrations/ art director
    deviant art: just my gallery

Howard, for showing everyone and anyone my stuff ROFL, he's my main source right now for advertisement, XD lol, I am grateful if not a little embarrassed for that tho =^^=
    CCAS: gallery and opportunity with folks
This reply was deleted.