CHRISTIAN COMIC ARTS SOCIETY :: A NETWORK OF CHRISTIAN FELLOWSHIP FOR COMICS FANS, PROS, AND AMATEURS

How to Print a Zine

As Some of you know, I've recently been inspired to start my own Zine. But after hours of exploring Microsoft word and MS publishers i am still no closer to a solution. and the guys in the "Printers" group don't seem to be talking. At present it looks like the only way to do it is to scale down the pic/article to 1/8 size, print it, cut it, paste it on a blank sheet of paper, and then do this seven more times with each pic/article. I'm willing, but i don't have much time these days and i sure don't want to be on issue #12 and have someone tell me "You know you can just do THIS, right?" Does anybody know if there is an easier way to print a Zine?

You need to be a member of CCAS - Christian Comic Arts Society to add comments!

Join CCAS - Christian Comic Arts Society

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Cool, thanks. As soon as i get done moving i'm gonna try to download it. I have to get my comp fixed though. I got a virus and now i can only get online using safe mode.:(
  • Hi Anthony, I was just over at the Anime Angels website and they had a link to this free downloadable photo-editing program:

http://www.download.com/The-GIMP/3000-2192_4-10073935.html?tag=txt

I've never used it myself, but it's got good reviews though.

Take care & God bless you,
    Gerry
  • Hi Anthony, is this the video you saw?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xh1W15BWCUk

You can get a copy of Paint Shop Pro 8 for pretty cheap on Ebay. Some people call it 'The Poor Man's Photo Shop'. I use it all the time, it's a nice program.

Good luck with your Zine, and if there is anything I can do to help, let me know:)
    God bless you,
    Gerry
    • Yeah, that Sam Proof is crazy! I'm gonna have to start watching him more. He seems pretty cool.
    • Thank you and i will look for paint shop 8. I don't need it to be too fancy i just need it to get the job done.:) I probrably won't get it from ebay though. I can't really buy stuff online. But i'm sure i can find it somewhere.:)
  • Personally I just use image editors and do everything digitally. Make a pdf or something and print that. I'm a photoshop man myself (even though that's not supposed to be recommended for text-heavy projects) but i'm sure there's some decent free software out there if you just give a google... i think.
    • Hmmm......I was hoping to do it at home but i guess its off to the copiers i go.:):) And i am gonna need to learn Photoshop, big time. And i will , as soon as i learn what a WACOM tablet is and where i can get one. LOL And building a team will probrably be the easiest part of this whole endeavor. Lots of kind people willing to help out.
    • I'll try that ,thanks. But i'm pretty new to image editors and photoshop and i don't even know what a pdf is, but the journey of a thousand miles begins with one step........or something like that.
This reply was deleted.