There’s something driving me to help creative people discover their purpose. It’s something that pushes me each week to share posts on my site, and drives me to "nag" artists about “goal setting” and “writing the vision”….
Why? Why do I do what I do?
Here are 10 things that I’ve expressed both in public and in private that may shed light on why we do what we do here at Art Lessons From God:
1. I believe that you were sent here to this planet to do something really important.
2. I believe that if you were never born, a lot of things would really be out of whack.
3. I believe that every thug, crack head, and homeless person has some God-given gift in them that was not put in motion.
4. I believe the last “out of the blue” idea you had was God’s voice, whether you followed through or not.
5. I believe your life is like a movie and you have only watched part of it. God’s seen it all, thus why He talks to the screen saying “Don’t be afraid.”
6. I believe that you are the key to making people do things…good or bad.
7. I believe God creates through you.
8. I believe there’s a conspiracy to stop you from doing something really important.
9. I believe there’s a conspiracy against that conspiracy to ensure you fulfill your mission.
10. I believe that you and your talent are the answer to somebody’s prayers.
Thanks for the feedback!
I'd love to hear more about "The Causatum Chronicles". Hit me up and tell me more when you get a break: email@example.com
Dalton Malcolm said:
Thanks for the kind words...good to hear from you again!
Gerard Lee said:
I'm very passionate about helping people find their God given purpose too and I agree with all of those statements except #4 (God is not the only one who inspires us) and of course I would have worded some differently but you're absolutely right...
It's kinda interesting because all ten basically describe the message behind one of my stories called "The Causatum Chronicles"!
Oh Hey Tony Snipes, nice to see your encouraging lessons once again! Those are wonderful beliefs to have about God's plans for people. I wish I could believe in that as firmly as you do. (It's not that I firmly disagree or have any reason to think you are wrong, I just never thought as deeply about it as you have). But I know that because you believe those things, you have always been an encouraging presence on the internet since back when I first started looking into Christian comic fandom. May God bless you and your ministry!
Happy Holidays and Merry Christmas!